Home

Madden NFL 11 Blog: Locomotion w/ Videos and L.T. Screenshot

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Blog: Locomotion w/ Videos and L.T. Screenshot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #65
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Madden NFL 11 Blog: Locomotion w/ Videos and L.T. Screenshot

I really like the emphasis on momentum and acceleration but that second video didn't really show me acceleration. It just looked like the one guy got a head start. I thought the one guy got a head start (like Seinfeld in the race) and as soon as he was spotted two yards the other guy started catching up. I think it would be better if it was spread out over 5 yards rather than being so tied to the first step and then have the faster guy gain ground. I'm sure it's still being fine-tuned but it's certainly a good step in the right direction.

Edit: same thoughts as Valderez

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 04-07-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: What Valdarez said
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Good blog, locomotion definitely looks improved over prior years. The only thing I noticed was that in the first second, the 99 acceleration rated player jumped to a 2 yard lead in the first second. That means every 4.5 points = a 1 yard advantage. That seems a little much. Last year they made a big push to spread the ratings out. Lets hope that in the final game the acceleration rating will be spread out more so that it takes 20+ points (or more) to gain an extra yard in the first second.

Something else we have to keep in mind is how does it feel from a control standpoint. It's one thing to see it, it's another to play it and be able to judge whether the control is accurate or not. Only reason I bring this up is there are definitive problems from a control/responsiveness standpoint on the slower game settings and I hope the new locomotion engine doesn't suffer from the same problem.
You only accelerate once. It was just the burst
Old 04-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Now if they fix blocking and improve the offseason of franchise mode i will have little to complain about.

Is that how you say "That's a Bingo?"

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddelMeThis22
Im fine with the new Locomotion system but as long as they dont have the corny juke animations like in madden 10 when you juke someone they have a corny animation were they just fall down all the time it was so annoying and fake.

I just hope the new locomotion system will be apart of every single thing in the game and not just certain things.

The locomotion better impact everything in the game. I don't want to ever see that fall down animation when he gets juked in madden 11. There shouldn't even be a fall down animation. there should be a balance on every defense and offense of player. you see in the new madden blog were the guy is running around in circles and at the end he falls down because he was off balance. that should be why the defense falls down not a silly animation. Madden better fix this.
First, why would locomotion impact everything in the game? Why would it impact passing, blocking, etc. Thats not what locomotion is about.

Not sure what "silly animation" of falling down you are referring to, but I never saw that in M10. Not when falling down.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #69
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Good blog, locomotion definitely looks improved over prior years. The only thing I noticed was that in the first second, the 99 acceleration rated player jumped to a 2 yard lead in the first second. That means every 4.5 points = a 1 yard advantage. That seems a little much. Last year they made a big push to spread the ratings out. Lets hope that in the final game the acceleration rating will be spread out more so that it takes 20+ points (or more) to gain an extra yard in the first second.
I though of the same. I hoped to see the 99 acc. receiver create a gap to the speedy receiver during the first 15-25 yards, but instead it looks more like locomotion just gives him a head start and he's unable to create a larger gap after that - I know the animations aren't final and launch day is months away, but still it's very noticeable.

Anyway one of my biggest concerns for Madden 11 is still player awareness, but I'm hoping that locomotion can/will affect how defenders reacts to a pass or player they can't seen coming? No more running full speed and jumping straight up in the air. Which makes me wonder if locomotion will affect jumping at all?
Old 04-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #70
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17
Good point.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 16

This is a good look +1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #72
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
This may, or may not, have something to do with it...
Quote:
The animations aren't final (particularly the initial move that plays), and I still have some fine tuning to do on how we map the acceleration and speed ratings into our set of curves
The square stance looked a little odd to have those two players start out in. It's why it looked so strange.

I'm also with you on stretching the ratings. The difference from 95-99 speed should be a 1-3 yard advantage, but 90-99 is a too close of a gap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »