Home

EA you need hard drive space in Madden 11 ?

This is a discussion on EA you need hard drive space in Madden 11 ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA you need hard drive space in Madden 11 ?

The Fight for the fumble is a good feature that does add some excitement to the game. The only problem I have with it is how hard it is to win, winning is close to impossible on most occasions.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

There was still a few Gigabytes of space free on the M10 disc (XBox 360). So I don't think they need to cut anything out of the game yet.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Doesn't really matter about space superstar is bare bones and just pointless to have on the game. I actually tried superstar mode and got through 3 snaps and absolutely hated it. There's just nothing there that's interesting right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
Doesn't really matter about space superstar is bare bones and just pointless to have on the game. I actually tried superstar mode and got through 3 snaps and absolutely hated it. There's just nothing there that's interesting right now.
Superstar mode is hilarious if you think about it.

It's basically franchise mode, the already slightly bare bones franchise mode, and stripped down even further.

Basically, take Franchise mode and remove:

-Commentary
-Ability to switch players
-Ability to call plays
-Ability to call timeouts/challenges
-Ability to do pretty much anything but move one player on a play.

And voila, Superstar mode.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Fight for Fumble>>>>

I love that feature. I don't do the button mashing just let the CPU do it. I get excited when I see that cut-scene pop up waiting for Tom Hammond to say the name of who recovered it.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #14
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

The chances of Superstar mode disappearing, when 2K is adding My Player to every game and The Show has a pretty good formula with RTTS, is very slim. I remember last development cycle Ian said that they didn't have time to work on SS mode but they just streamlined it for Madden 10 and it would get more attention in the future.

If you've played RTTS you know how rewarding it is to work your way from the bottom to become "the guy." I fully expect Tiburon to give Campus Legend and Superstar mode a face lift to compete with the single player career modes of other games.

You can get drafted and have a career in NBA 2K10, NHL 09, MLB: The Show, you can sign with a team and have a career in FIFA...but Madden is gonna drop it's single player career mode....makes a lot of sense right?

Why quit on something that has the potential to be a great thing? It may not be for everyone but is that a reason to scrap it altogether?

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 04-08-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #15
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6

I think "fight for the Fumble" should be it's own game, like Head Coach is. Just get it out of the Madden11. I'm all for Fight for the Fumble11

...and a Baba Booey to y'all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #16
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

They need to just require hard drives and install certain things to them. Or have multiple discs. It worked fine for the PS1, just put the online stuff on one disc and the offline franchise on another.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »