Home

Why doesn't he just come back?

This is a discussion on Why doesn't he just come back? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 02:01 AM   #33
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Why doesn't he just come back?

Because there is a difference between making comments about the game good are bad to help them improve it,and then bashing him on a personal level. No one deserves to personally attack for anything. Some people just don't get it. There is a thing called going to far over a silly game.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:10 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Because there is a difference between making comments about the game good are bad to help them improve it,and then bashing him on a personal level. No one deserves to personally attack for anything. Some people just don't get it. There is a thing called going to far over a silly game.
I agree on some of your post but I disagree over the last thing you said.

It might be a "game" but for the sixty dollars I spend, it better be good quality. Some people just get fed up not getting a solid football game and cant take it anymore. Im about there at the breaking point too.

If you havent, play Madden 2005 and see how much better it is than Madden 2010. Its a shame because now the technology is better, the graphic quality is better, and the space on the disk has more so they can put alot of stuff into the game to make it great. Whether they will or not is a different story...

I just find it inexcusable that we as gamers are comparing Madden 10 and 11 to Madden 2005 and ESPN 2K5, games that were made five years ago people!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:24 AM   #35
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
I agree on some of your post but I disagree over the last thing you said.

It might be a "game" but for the sixty dollars I spend, it better be good quality. Some people just get fed up not getting a solid football game and cant take it anymore. Im about there at the breaking point too.

If you havent, play Madden 2005 and see how much better it is than Madden 2010. Its a shame because now the technology is better, the graphic quality is better, and the space on the disk has more so they can put alot of stuff into the game to make it great. Whether they will or not is a different story...

I just find it inexcusable that we as gamers are comparing Madden 10 and 11 to Madden 2005 and ESPN 2K5, games that were made five years ago people!
Bro I have played all maddens since the first one came out over 20 years ago. Plus the last madden I really like before madden10 was madden 07 ps2. I understand what everyone is saying. I earn my money just like everyone else and pay my bills and so on. But the thing is EA does not force us to buy the game. There is a option of renting before buying it. I know what it is like to get disappoints and lose 60 bucks over a game. It has happen with other games besides madden aswell. But I am a grown man with a sense of pride not to whine and cry over a bad game. Then come out and bash another man work on a personal level just to make myself feel good. I just feel that crying over a game you choose to buy instead of renting first is really yours and other people fault. For the past 4 years now madden on the next Gen console has not been at all that good. You should of known after the first 2 years of madden that you and other people would start to learn to rent before buying. I did. Now adays I rent games before buying to make sure the game is worth the 60$. My advice is that you and other people do the same. The best thing to do. But instead of people crying and trying to bash Ian on a personal level. Make comments instead and point out what they need to do to make the game much better in the future. That helps better then just bashing.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-09-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 02:26 AM   #36
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

With regards to Madden 10, I said the following originally on the 2K Sports forums before I began engaging on this forum extensively last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez

Madden is a game in crisis, a creation inhibited by it's own success, crippled by the complexity of a legacy code base, and burdened by game design sins of the past.

Crisis breeds one of two things, success or failure.

I don't expect to be blown away. I expect to be satisfied that the game's finally headed in the right direction, which will be a momentous change since the 2006 release and on. For Madden this year, that will be success in my eyes.

Madden 10 met that goal, which was basically a bug fix release. I gave the series a 3 year window for turning the game around, primarily because they should be able to build a game from scratch in a 2 year window with the resources they have at their disposal.

Madden 11 will show us what the team is capable of doing on their own. If they are unable to fix locomotion, route based passing, passing archs, touch passing, DB coverage, and a few other core issues in this release, then we'll know for a fact that the current team is not up to snuff and management needs to make some hard decisions.

Madden 10 showed us they were serious about fixing the game. Madden 11 will give us a a valid gauge by which to judge the immediate future of the Madden franchise. Madden 11 will be the year I either become a Madden fan again, or walk away even more disgusted than when the NFL Exclusive License deal was signed.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:32 AM   #37
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Bro I have played all maddens since the first one came out over 20 years ago. Plus the last madden I really like before madden10 was madden 07 ps2. I understand what everyone is saying. I earn my money just like everyone else and pay my bills and so on. But the thing is EA does not force us to buy the game. There is a option of renting before buying it. I know what it is like to get disappoints and lose 60 bucks over a game. It has happen with other games besides madden aswell. But I am a grown man with a sense of pride not to whine and cry over a bad game. Then come out and bash another man work on a personal level just to make myself feel good. I just feel that crying over a game you choose to buy instead of renting first is really yours and other people fault. For the past 4 years now madden on the next Gen console has not been at all that good. You should of known after the first 2 years of madden that you and other people would start to learn to rent before buying. I did. Now adays I rent games before buying to make sure the game is worth the 60$. My advice is that you and other people do the same. The best thing to do. But instead of people crying and trying to bash Ian on a personal level. Make comments instead and point out what they need to do to make the game much better in the future. That helps better then just bashing.

Well some are blessed to have an extra $60 on a Video Game. IMHO if you have time to come on OS and complain about a video game, then you can afford a video games and/or internet and have NO room to complain. If you work so hard for your money then why waste it on a game that you dont like every year w/o doing the research to see if you'd like it? Nobody is forcing you to buy it, so dont. If you buy it, just like any other game, and are not happy then it's YOUR fault. Dont blame the people who make it, dont blame the people who enjoy it, just suck it up and bite the bullet. Yes Madden has been subpar, i actually liked M10, but if you aren't satisfied after 5 yrs on current gen, stop buying it and stop complaining. Most Definitely dont blame or curse anybody else for what you choose to do with your money...its just a game...might be your passion, but its just a game. Either buy it or don't...JMHO
Old 04-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Well some are blessed to have an extra $60 on a Video Game. IMHO if you have time to come on OS and complain about a video game, then you can afford a video games and/or internet and have NO room to complain. If you work so hard for your money then why waste it on a game that you dont like every year w/o doing the research to see if you'd like it? Nobody is forcing you to buy it, so dont. If you buy it, just like any other game, and are not happy then it's YOUR fault. Dont blame the people who make it, dont blame the people who enjoy it, just suck it up and bite the bullet. Yes Madden has been subpar, i actually liked M10, but if you aren't satisfied after 5 yrs on current gen, stop buying it and stop complaining. Most Definitely dont blame or curse anybody else for what you choose to do with your money...its just a game...might be your passion, but its just a game. Either buy it or don't...JMHO
I do do research (or I used to). I read reviews on every game that I buy from reliable critics, except on football. All the reviewers do is see if it looks pretty and if it has any resemblence of football. Madden 10 was the highest rated Madden ever like its displayed on its cover because the reviewers know nothing about how real football is played.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
I do do research (or I used to). I read reviews on every game that I buy from reliable critics, except on football. All the reviewers do is see if it looks pretty and if it has any resemblence of football. Madden 10 was the highest rated Madden ever like its displayed on its cover because the reviewers know nothing about how real football is played.
The best reviewer and critic is yourself. If I listened to critics all my life, I would miss out on a lot of movies and music I enjoyed.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #40
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I don't blame Ian for not coming/interacting with these boards. It was down right disgusting how people were talking to him. It's the internet so some guys get "tough" and speak to people anyway they want to in words they wouldn't use if they were face to face with him. Some guys just don't get the difference between constructive criticism and complaining/bashing.

Complaining/Bashing example: "Players on the sideline are garbage. Ian you suck, 2K5 was better!"

*Posts like these set off a chain reaction of negative posts. 99.9% of the time the individual has no clue on how video games are made. They take whatever someone else says and run with it. Not only does this tick whoever your addressing off but it makes them just want to ignore anything you have to say/post. I know I'd ignore ignorant comments in a heartbeat.

Constructive Criticism: "Hey Ian the players on the sideline look rough. Other sports games have nailed this aspect in their game. Is their anything you guys plan to do about them?"

Wording your concern in a mature way like the one above may get you a response. It doesn't have to be worded so "sweet" but if you present yourself in a "nice" way you may get a response to your question.

It's two ways to go about things in life. Some people here and other boards probably have not reached maturity and just lack common sense or respect. Hopefully Ian will come back or visit/interact with other boards who will show some kind of respect to the work him and his team does. No game is perfect. No person is perfect. But respecting someone's "hustle" makes perfect sense.

Carry On
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »