Home

New Video of NCAA shows some awesome features that hopefully make it in madden 11!

This is a discussion on New Video of NCAA shows some awesome features that hopefully make it in madden 11! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: New Video of NCAA shows some awesome features that hopefully make it in madden 11

Double team run blocking was in Madden 10 in certain plays (inside Zone, Weak Zone, HB Blast, Stretch, Off Tackle). And that play looked like an inside zone. So that wouldn't be anything new for Madden 11. How it works however, could be. But we'll have to wait and see.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: New Video of NCAA shows some awesome features that hopefully make it in madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Double team run blocking was in Madden 10 in certain plays (inside Zone, Weak Zone, HB Blast, Stretch, Off Tackle). And that play looked like an inside zone. So that wouldn't be anything new for Madden 11. How it works however, could be. But we'll have to wait and see.
LBz you remember that thread from a while back where Ian challenged 2ks tackling system? You proved 2k's engine was still superior. I would love to see another comparison with this years game when more footage comes out. Im a huge 2k football fan but mark my words. EAs system will finally surpass 2k this year.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 04-09-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:21 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA gameplay footage: gameplay wev been dying to see in madden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
1) Yep, ESPN is there. I guess the NCAA doesn't care if they use it. Only the NFL has put a stop to the ESPN license in their game, or so the story goes.

2) Possibly, but not sure. NCAA never added the Madden blocking for the DLine, and it definitely did not have a real pocket last year. A run play is no way to judge proper line blocking. Definitely not enough info to give a thumbs up on line play.

3) No way is that footage enough to provide fluid animations. I asked about the rendering problem with the NCAA Art Director and got the same thing we have gotten from EA for half a decade now. Silence. I don't believe the problem has been solved, which means no fluid animations.
I usually agree with a majority of your posts but I dont understand the negativity in regards to this video. I dont think we will be getting ESPN presentation in Madden strictly because I am not sure the NFL will allow it. However, the fact that NCAA is adding in ESPN presentation almost guarantees that Madden will have a big leap in presentation this year in one way shape or form.

I agree that I want to see a passing play to see if a real pocket forms and the D-Ends get up field, etc. That video does show much better run blocking though. I know Madden had an occasional double team block last year but it was very "clunky". That particular play looked exactly how an o-line should block for a run play. The only thing I would like to see is the OT get off the double team block and get to the second level a little quicker. It looked like he did branch off but it was a little to late to get to the LB. Its only one play so we will have to wait and see, but I just dont understand the negativity torwards that particular play.

Lastly, as far as fluid animations go, I watched that video many times and have watched every player in the play to see what they do and how it looks. To me it looks MUCH more fluid then what we had in previous next-gen football games. I also agree that the tackle animation looked great, particularly the second player piling on when the RB was on his way down. That is exactly how football should look and that happens almost every play. Dont get me wrong the animations have been a BIG reason why I have not been able to get into these games the last few years. They have been awful IMO and it is almost embarassing they were that bad 5 years into next-gen. That particular play looks very promising in the animation department IMHO.

(One more positive in the video that I havent seen anyone mention. If you are listening to the video with sound the crowd sounds electric. It roars once the collision takes place in the backfield and seems to get even louder as the defensive players are finishing off the tackle. I remember Ian saying that audio is a big focus for them this year and it sounds like they will finally be bringing this game to life. Its about time... )

Last edited by ch46647; 04-09-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 10:21 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA gameplay footage: gameplay wev been dying to see in madden!

On a side note, why does NCAA graphics look so much better than Madden?
Every screenshot that NCAA releases blows Madden out the water, and its not just lighting detail.
The muscle structure and equipment on the NCAA players look way better than anything I've seen in Madden so far.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #13
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

short gameplay clip but it really does look good. The speed looks good as well, it didn't seem like the game was superfast. Maybe thats because of the locomotion but i think this is the year NCAA really stepped up their game and even though it won't sell as many as Madden, i think it will be considered the most authentic football game we've seen in a while. If Madden can incorporate the same things then it should be great.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #14
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

WTF? lol, it was a 3 second clip. The only thing that I can definitely tell for sure was that there is double team blocking which could be a good or bad thing in this case as I noticed none of the offensive lineman peeled off the double teams to block the linebacker or any linebacker for that matter. Other than that, everything looked like Madden 10 to me. Now if you're a NCAA football fan, which I am, then you should get excited because it's definitely an improvement over NCAA football 10, but if you're a Madden fan, which I am as well, then it's kinda like meh. Need to see more to compare to Madden. For NCAA though, it does look better than last year.

EDIT: After watching the vid a few more times, I did notice the blockers peel off, but they were just late in doing it so it looked like the LB came through free. Well he did come through free, but the O-lineman did peel off after the LB had passed lol. Still the LB might have been fast or the OL might have had low awareness so I'm not gonna knock them on that. I don't know what you guys are talking about when you say you like the way they pile on the tackle. It looks to me like the second tackler just bounces off of the tackle animation instead of joining in the tackle. Where's the pro tak?

Anyway, other than the double team, it looks very madden 10-esque to me.

Last edited by splff3000; 04-09-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #15
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Clip was too short to really prove anything except double team blocking(which has been in EA football on run plays, still waiting on pass plays)but it still looked like the same EA mess to me as far as the blocking is concerned.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
Good call. Double team looks fantastic.
Did anyone notice that the Double-Team totally sacrificed the goal of the play?...

The SAM totally blows up the play because the RT isn't there to block him... until it is too late and it THEN it looks like Madden 10 blocking logic (non-existent).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »