Home

New Video of NCAA shows some awesome features that hopefully make it in madden 11!

This is a discussion on New Video of NCAA shows some awesome features that hopefully make it in madden 11! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
NCAA gameplay footage: gameplay wev been dying to see in madden!

I know Im going to get bashed for putting a NCAA vid in a Madden forum but this gameplay footage is the type of stuff we Madden fans have been dying to see in Madden..

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/med...8-_LVhYO9WuFdP

Forward to 2:35... I have watched this gameplay footage over and over again and here is what Im seeing..

1. ESPN presentation! (ESPNs score bug on the bottom of the screen.. Article was also featured about this on Pasta Padre http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/04/08...aa-football-11 )

2. NICE OL/DL interaction (double teaming finally!)

3. Gameplay and tacklin animations look very fluid.. That tackle animation where the defender comes up and hits the running back then rolls on the ground looks very amazing! (Very smooth.. This reminded me so much of 2k!)

Lets hope Maddens gameplay is this good.. If not it looks like NCAA 11 looks like the football game to get this year.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 04-09-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 01:10 AM   #2
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: New Video of NCAA shows some awesome features that hopefully make it in madden 11

Good call. Double team looks fantastic.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:17 AM   #3
MVP

Re: New Video of NCAA shows some awesome features that hopefully make it in madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
Good call. Double team looks fantastic.
Thanks. Once again it is a NCAA vid but it would be crazy not to see these gameplay improvements in madden 11 just like they did with locomotion. The ESPN presentation is great but Im more exited about the 3 seconds of actual footage I saw.

EDIT: Granted this footage is so minute, I cannot get over that tackle animation.. The way the second defender came in and helped out on the tackle with his momentum causing himself and the defender who initially made the tackle to roll over as they got to the ground looks amazing. I am VERY impressed with how fluid and natural it looked.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 04-09-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:06 AM   #4
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NCAA gameplay footage: gameplay wev been dying to see in madden!

1) Yep, ESPN is there. I guess the NCAA doesn't care if they use it. Only the NFL has put a stop to the ESPN license in their game, or so the story goes.

2) Possibly, but not sure. NCAA never added the Madden blocking for the DLine, and it definitely did not have a real pocket last year. A run play is no way to judge proper line blocking. Definitely not enough info to give a thumbs up on line play.

3) No way is that footage enough to provide fluid animations. I asked about the rendering problem with the NCAA Art Director and got the same thing we have gotten from EA for half a decade now. Silence. I don't believe the problem has been solved, which means no fluid animations.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:21 AM   #5
MVP

Re: NCAA gameplay footage: gameplay wev been dying to see in madden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
1) Yep, ESPN is there. I guess the NCAA doesn't care if they use it. Only the NFL has put a stop to the ESPN license in their game, or so the story goes.

2) Possibly, but not sure. NCAA never added the Madden blocking for the DLine, and it definitely did not have a real pocket last year. A run play is no way to judge proper line blocking. Definitely not enough info to give a thumbs up on line play.

3) No way is that footage enough to provide fluid animations. I asked about the rendering problem with the NCAA Art Director and got the same thing we have gotten from EA for half a decade now. Silence. I don't believe the problem has been solved, which means no fluid animations.
1.Right I def am not expecting ESPN to be in madden 11 because Ian has stated that before however it still would be nice...

2.Double teams and blockin logic was a huge complaint last year (so were a lot of other things) heres hoping madden 11 addresses these like NCAA has.

3.For me You can really tell the animations are much better and less stiff looking. I really liked what i saw when it came to momentum. Protac seems to be much improved from last year. I really got a sense of weight that was missing in Madden 10. It reminded me a lot of 2k5 and all pro how the tackle animations seem to blend in very well. When the first gameplay footage of NCAA and Madden came out last year I never got that sense of wow that looks really good as I do when I watch this clip.

Then again that is just me

Last edited by johnnyg713; 04-09-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 02:27 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

You can actually see two different double-team blocks, one on both sides of the line. Sweet
Old 04-09-2010, 02:37 AM   #7

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Liked the double teams.

Other than that I can't comment on the rest because, It was only like a 3 second clip.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:05 AM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well unless the NFL making a surprise out of it then ESPN will never show up inn madden games. Since we know this year madden and ncaa is sharing alot of stuff. Hopefully we will hopefully see better OL/ DL interaction in madden. I just feel with the stocks of EA falling on the stock market, and EA lossing sales over the past few years. EA is really trying to make up for it. Trying to make the game much better then it has been. The final product is hopefully going to help win back over the fans on both games this year. Since EA does not have much of a choice any more since it seems they are lossing both money and fans. Good to see EA is really trying to make a much better madden and ncaa this year.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-09-2010 at 03:09 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »