Home

Lead blocking- the way forward,literally

This is a discussion on Lead blocking- the way forward,literally within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Ghyyu
Fffffff 1 50.00%
Vghhj 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2010, 05:14 AM   #1
Rookie

toolawyer's Arena

OVR: 2
Lead blocking- the way forward,literally

I miss lead blocking in madden 10. I would love to see it in 11. I found it so much fun flattening the d-line. Does anyone else agree. I would happily trade fighting for the fumble to have it back. Plus it assisted stats of the o-line which can be a bit rubbish sometimes. I play eagles and their oline is stacked in the game. Bit weaker through injuries on actual Sundays though! However oline stats in my games are never really decent. Slide protection is not quite far enough though I do like it. Also does anyone have any tips on using protak to pull tacklers off a rusher/ receiver? I have never made this work! I am a tool sometimes though.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 05:20 AM   #2
Rookie

toolawyer's Arena

Re: Lead blocking- the way forward,literally

By the way posted poll on thread in error. Hard to see what doing on phone sometimes. Would still like to know what people thinkabout the blocking and any tips on the protak.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:24 AM   #3
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Personally, I don't like lead blocking. I feel it inflates the abilities of the player you controlled. Therefore, it doesn't really balance the O-line's stats out, because maybe you use your LG 75% of the time and he has way better stats than everyone else. I know some like it, but it was a feature that I never touched.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
Rookie

toolawyer's Arena

I hear that. Being a rugby player and fan I guess I just love blocking and pancaking defenders cos you can't block in rugby at all. I used to lead block mainly for runs up the gut rather than outside. It would be more important to my franchise now Westbrook is gone although I have taken on 4 decentish backs in felix jones, jerious norwood, lesean McCoy and Leonard weaver. McCoy seems to be a chronic fumbler though.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

If blocking worked properly in Madden there would be no need for lead blocking. I personally never really used it beyond trying it to see what it was like to play the blocker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

I never really used it or liked it, but there were times I felt i had to use it (mainly goal line situations).
Old 04-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Hopefully now that they have put in a new locomotion engine into the game this year. Maybe it will help solve alot of the problems with blocking in the game. Just all depends on how good the locomotion works out overall. I guess we will tell soon enough.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Hopefully now that they have put in a new locomotion engine into the game this year. Maybe it will help solve alot of the problems with blocking in the game. Just all depends on how good the locomotion works out overall. I guess we will tell soon enough.
Hopefully, but locomotion != better blocking. Who to block, paths to take, etc should be the game logic. Locomotion just provides a set of rules for how a player moves, it does not cover who the player covers or how they cover them as that is player AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »