Home

Community Day Feedback?

This is a discussion on Community Day Feedback? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Community Day Feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I actually meant that as a positive. A lot of people think Ian and Co. are going to be switching to a more arcady approach. This is absolutely not true. I would say the sim focus is actually stronger now. Not to say the early info on game time and accessibility wasn't addressed... most definitely was. Time is a big factor in a lot of things, and time was taken. That's about all I can really say on it right now.

The Fifa influence I'm talking about is more in approach than actual mechanics. I can't say much on this front. You'll see.
Good, thanks AJ. At least for now, we can lay to rest the talk back a few months ago with the hiring of Mark Turmell and turning Madden more arcade like.

Created a semi-panic around here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #26
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Good, thanks AJ. At least for now, we can lay to rest the talk back a few months ago with the hiring of Mark Turmell and turning Madden more arcade like.

Created a semi-panic around here.
I think that has pretty much died down. Now that we're getting "real" info on the game, I don't think people are speculating as much anymore. I know I'm not at least.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #27
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

I gotta admit those 2 lines had me a lil off balance but now I'm back to optimistic
Old 04-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I think that has pretty much died down. Now that we're getting "real" info on the game, I don't think people are speculating as much anymore. I know I'm not at least.
I didn't say it wasn't dying down, but you have to admit at the time, people were stating that Madden was headed more towards arcade play.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #29
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I didn't say it wasn't dying down, but you have to admit at the time, people were stating that Madden was headed more towards arcade play.
Yeah true, but that was because that was the only thing we were hearing about. Now we're starting to hear about the meat and potatoes and even with all of this it can still wind up being more arcade than sim, but myself, and a lot of others, have more faith that it will be the other way around now that we're starting to get info. The real truth will come out when we finally see vids though.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:40 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I actually meant that as a positive. A lot of people think Ian and Co. are going to be switching to a more arcady approach. This is absolutely not true. I would say the sim focus is actually stronger now. Not to say the early info on game time and accessibility wasn't addressed... most definitely was. Time is a big factor in a lot of things, and time was taken. That's about all I can really say on it right now.

The Fifa influence I'm talking about is more in approach than actual mechanics. I can't say much on this front. You'll see.
Thanks for commenting man... clears a lot of worries I had up.. I just hope they have more of a "hurry up" option... i love spending the time and seeing all the little things and presentation...

Last edited by johnnyg713; 04-13-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:42 AM   #31
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Did any of you leave CD this year a little skeptical that something that you saw was not going to make it into the final build because of what happened last year?
I did not leave with the impression that something I saw in M11 would not make it into the final build. In my own opinion and with ALL of the respect due to the other CD guys, I thought the "this was here in April and not in August" angle last year was a little overblown. Granted, some things were different/removed as confirmed by the dev team. But the difference between the alpha and final builds last year were not night and day (again my OWN opinion).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 27

I can't speak for anyone else, but I had some posts that specifically itemized things that didn't make it. Certain cut scenes, banner outfittings, momentum. To me, those were huge especially since it was all stuff I was looking for. I just think some posters read those things and read too much into it and took it as if EA was playing some kind of bait-and-switch. Of course, when you combine that with the blogs in regards to things that didn't exactly pan out as planned, I can understand how they might think that, even if it was taken to an extreme.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »