Home

Franchise mode

This is a discussion on Franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
I want to see:

Future draft picks for trade, RFA/UDFA

CPU trades (CPU/CPU) and improved CPU/User trade logic; CPU offers user trades too

Head coach 09 draft hub

Chemistry/Fatigue/Morale/Player Roles/TRADE ME and holdout tags

Training Camp/Roster Battles (expanded rosters, and practice squad)
I remember Madden 05 too..

Honestly, I think this is a big reason why Looman was brought in.

BUT - to add to your list..

TEAM/COACH AI - The Raiders go after weird/ players or the fastest 40 times, the Patriots stock up on mid-round picks, etc.

I hope the team is watching the NFL news right now and get a clue about how many crazy things happen in the off-season.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #18
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
I want to see:

Chemistry/Fatigue/Morale/Player Roles/TRADE ME and holdout tags

Training Camp/Roster Battles (expanded rosters, and practice squad)
I would love to see these things but the problem is that with the current system it would just be for show. How would a roster battle be determined without a range in attributes instead of a static number (similar to how Head Coaches ratings were set up)? It just seems like expanded rosters sound good but how many people actually use the full depth chart as it sits now with 53 players? Basically there is no flow with the talent at the bottom. They don't get good enough to battle for a starting spot so they end up getting cut.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmoney
They need to add the ability to tender restricted free agents and trade future draft picks and bring back player roles
This. It baffles me that, after all of these years, EA still hasn't put this into the Madden franchise.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

The more I think about it, the more I think I'd like to see the focus on the GM role. Change the name from "Franchise Mode" to "GM Mode" and add these types of features:

Overall GM Rating - This is affected by your ability to balance budgets while still putting together a championship team.
Ability to trade future draft picks - Plus no limits on the number of draft picks you can accumulate.
RFA Tenders
Practice Squads
Scouting Departments - As GM you have to determine how much you will spend on scouting. In order to higher the better scouts, you will have to spend more money, affecting your bottom line. The better the scouts you have, the more accurate potential ratings you'll get at the draft.
Coordinators and Position Coaches - As in the case of Scouts, the more money you spend on your coaches and coordinators, the more likely you're going to get the most of out of your young players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »