Home

Anyone think we'll see interactive sidelines this year?

This is a discussion on Anyone think we'll see interactive sidelines this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Anyone think we'll see interactive sidelines this year?

I play in 1080p and the grass looked okay to me. It was around the quality of Madden's grass. Neither look like real grass, but they weren't ugly.

― Plato
Old 04-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I'm sure it will happen in the next generation (XBOX 720, PS4). But it's not going to happen with the current generation which is XBOX 360 and PS3.
Wow that's a huge let down especially since the graphics havent improved much at all... Look at the leap NCAA 11 took in graphics and they are putting in momentum and big improvements into their game just like Madden is. I was 75% sure that because madden didnt make their graphics look as good as NCAA then there must be something huge they are putting into the game like interactive sidelines...
Old 04-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 27

Whoaaaa there, fellas... jumping to conclusions there ... It's just my opinion on what I think their course of action will likely be, but again it's just my opinion, I'm not stating that they have or have not added anything. Remember, we're playing Alpha's at these events. There is no telling what will or will not make the final cut.

As far as my feeling on what the game is shaping up to be, well, it was one of the better playing Alpha's I've touched so I can see that they've made some gains with time management this year in regards to development. I remember last year I was getting all kinds of goofy glitches but that wasn't happening this time. That's a good sign.

I think there are some features people will enjoy. I'm just hoping they understand the importance of giving the end user choice. It has been preached by a lot of us for years (myself included), but they never seem to quite nail this down. I personally feel that the difference between some of the new features being great and them falling flat comes down to variation and end user customization. They'll come up with a great idea and then leave us with no options to make it fit us individually, and a lot of it is just a matter of giving the user an on/off... but then they give on/off's for some parts of a feature but not the parts you want, lol... it's very frustrating. I just hope they get this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Whoaaaa there, fellas... jumping to conclusions there ... It's just my opinion on what I think their course of action will likely be, but again it's just my opinion, I'm not stating that they have or have not added anything. Remember, we're playing Alpha's at these events. There is no telling what will or will not make the final cut.

As far as my feeling on what the game is shaping up to be, well, it was one of the better playing Alpha's I've touched so I can see that they've made some gains with time management this year in regards to development. I remember last year I was getting all kinds of goofy glitches but that wasn't happening this time. That's a good sign.

I think there are some features people will enjoy. I'm just hoping they understand the importance of giving the end user choice. It has been preached by a lot of us for years (myself included), but they never seem to quite nail this down. I personally feel that the difference between some of the new features being great and them falling flat comes down to variation and end user customization. They'll come up with a great idea and then leave us with no options to make it fit us individually, and a lot of it is just a matter of giving the user an on/off... but then they give on/off's for some parts of a feature but not the parts you want, lol... it's very frustrating. I just hope they get this.
Thanks for the insight!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 24

Doubtful. But I'm hoping at the very least they get rid of all the sideline players wearing nothing but "00"'s on the PS3 this time.......
Old 04-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #14
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

I doubt it but I never really understood the big attraction with this, I would like it tho as long as it doesn't compromise whats happening in the actual field of play
Old 04-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #15
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I remember Ian said that the graphics would have to take a step back if they wanted to do this, so the fact that the graphics stayed the same is not a good sign for this happening. Personally, it could look like PS2 if thats what it took to get in all the gameplay that I want in. At this point, for me, it's not about graphics, it's about gameplay and immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 8

For me interactive sidelines i can live without.. Its "living" sidelines (if you will) that i can't. Look at NBA 2k series or MLB. The actual players are on the sideline animated and reacting to whats going on during the game. When the ball goes out of bounds in nba you dont see the bench pickin it up and throwin the ball to the ref (thats interactive). However A living sideline with all players doing what they do on the sidelines, ex sitting together, talkin to coaches, getting drinks, etc. is what i would be happy with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »