Home

Online Vs. Offline

This is a discussion on Online Vs. Offline within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Online Vs. Offline

A professor of mine used to say half-jokingly that the university would be a wonderful place if it wasn't for the students. That statement pretty much sums up my thoughts on online gaming as well.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #18
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
A professor of mine used to say half-jokingly that the university would be a wonderful place if it wasn't for the students. That statement pretty much sums up my thoughts on online gaming as well.
Yep. Online gaming as a theoretical concept is wonderful. When real, live breathing human beings enter into the equation, it becomes a disaster.

I'm a Offline gamer only, but I will admit that the best test of how stable the A.I. and gameplay elements are, come from two-player games.

When the day comes where any sports developer can create a game(especially football and basketball) that can't be turning into a mockery of the sport by a human player, that will be cause for celebration.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #19
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

lmao @ the amount of people that truly HATE online gaming lol. Outside of OS, there are forums out there that are predominately madden online gamers. The majority of people here are obviously offline gamers -- so there you have it.

Online gaming in this forum is like the red-hedded step child...you love him because you have too, but you could definitely do without it. But as I mentioned before -- for me its the competitive nature, and whether you guys think that Peter Moore is the only person that is 'advancing' with taking online to the next level....News Flash....It is probably split right down the middle of people who prefer online gaming over offline gaming.

Here at OS its a different story, but online isn't going anywhere, and to say that online is a disaster is going extremely overboard IMO. If the Online Play is a disaster, that I cant imagine what the Quick Game option must be like! When you think about it, all Online Ranked Matches are is Quick Match games, with a set pause timer because your playing someone you don't no..

If you want to call Online Ranked Matches a disaster, look towards the Gameplay as the reason why, Period.

Last edited by lolfalconsbeatu; 04-15-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #20

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Definitely a online player. I get no satisfaction out of beating the CPU(not that it's not fun sometimes). I know there are a lot of cheesers but, I haven't ran into much of that in a while actually. There is just a different feel(for me) beating a human opponent that I enjoy much more than I would beating the CPU.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #21
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

I usually enjoy online games more because the cpu is just gets repetitive and predictable, right out of the box.

The problem with online for me was the franchise mode. Ever since Madden 07, I usually play online leagues, but Madden 10s online franchise gave no customization. You had to use all 32 teams which meant either a fair amount of cpu games or filling the league with unknown gamers some of which would always end up being complete douches when they were losing or just give up on the league if they started out 0-3.

If they made it more of a custom league where you could get 12-16 owners and custom schedules, game speeds, and sliders they would be on to something great. They also need to allow the commish to set up "Sub" owners to play for owners who aren't available so we don't have to play the cpu at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #22
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Definitely a online player. I get no satisfaction out of beating the CPU(not that it's not fun sometimes). I know there are a lot of cheesers but, I haven't ran into much of that in a while actually. There is just a different feel(for me) beating a human opponent that I enjoy much more than I would beating the CPU.
I agree, which is why face to face gaming with friends has been (and will always be) my preferred method of getting a football gaming fix. The beauty of ftf gaming is that you can give your opponent immediate feedback when they start to cheese (said feedback usually coming in the form of a punch in the arm/head... )
Old 04-15-2010, 03:08 PM   #23
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Online Vs. Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I think there should be SIM lobbies. That would give me more faith in online play.
SIM lobbies doesn't really fall into the online/offline debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 06-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #24
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
they are trying to make online franchise something amazing and all. But I am sure they will focus more on offline frachise just as much as online this coming year. They will build upon what they started in madden 10.
I was actually searching for a poll between offline and online when I saw this thread.

Does anyone have a statistical breakdown for game sales and amount of online matches? (for Madden)

I'm interested to know what percentage of people actually buy Madden for online or offline?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »