Home

How Do You Keep Your Franchise Fresh?

This is a discussion on How Do You Keep Your Franchise Fresh? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
How Do You Keep Your Franchise Fresh?

I am still playing Franchise Mode a lot but I go through highs and lows where I am really into it and then I'll put it off for a week. I have started keeping a franchise log in a notebook (tried a blog but I found it took much longer) and it allows me to have a history to look back on. I also ALWAYS make sure I have a couple of stud rookies on offense that I can develop and follow for a career.

Still, I find myself wanting to ditch players too often for new rookie studs!!!

You guys that are still playing, how do you "commit" to a team or players? How do you keep your franchise fresh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: How Do You Keep Your Franchise Fresh?

i think part of it is how the rookies come in so high, and there is no sort of training or chemistry...its wayy too easy to get bored when you win every single game on custom sliders built to be tough

combine that with a lack of depth in offseason and a basic, easy to remember draft selection...ive been through 9 franchises with 10 or less seasons
Old 04-14-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
i think part of it is how the rookies come in so high, and there is no sort of training or chemistry...its wayy too easy to get bored when you win every single game on custom sliders built to be tough

combine that with a lack of depth in offseason and a basic, easy to remember draft selection...ive been through 9 franchises with 10 or less seasons
They DEFINITELY have to improve the depth. The weekly and yearly recaps need lots of additions. Highlights, etc. A draft preview show and FA recap in the off-season. I hate to say it...but stuff that NFL 2K5 had. That's the last missing link I think.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Impose strict house rules... maybe limit how many draft picks you can make or prevent yourself from signing free agents...i don't know, I haven't seriously played franchise since M '05 for ps2, when it wasn't broken. I've been getting my football fix from NCAA '07 for ps2...decent little dynasty mode there.

im praying i'll see the day when house rules arent a necessity to make franchise half way realistic and enjoyable.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225

exactly

i have had 16 franchises..why??? because i keep running into the same patterns

cpu teams play the same.
cpu teams dont trade
cpu teams dont even use different playbooks when hiring a new coach
hiring a coach means nothing besides RAT bonuses
i know every gem and bust of every draft
i can trade for reggie bush with a 3rd round pick and have the best WR when i convert him

i tried the 32 team control thing but that gets stale when you have to sim every freggin draft pick while deciding if trades are fair because once again THE CPU DOESNT TRADE

as much as i hate franchise mode,i have no choice but to say "i cant wait to see what the new madden's franchise will look like this year"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Sadly- I have to control all 32 teams, to force them to make sensable FA signings and draft choices (I use a lottery system to determine who gets first dibs or who makes the "good" selections just cuz it's too easy to determine the gems and busts). Unfortunately thus makes the offseason last a really long time.

Additionally, I create myself and my buddy as rookie QB and WR, respectively, and put myself on the team most in need of both. After each season (winning the SB, being the best QB/WR combo that year), I trade both players to the worst team that year for their first and second rounders (if the worst team has a decent QB I got to the worst team that needs a QB) then I control that team.

This way I don't get bored of the same team. It used to be that you could change what team you controlled and which teams the CPU controlled whenever you wanted, but for some reason they took that out, so I'm forced to control all teams if I want that freedom.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #7
Rookie

best I can do is make myself trade players only to teams that they will be able to start on (which can be difficult) and I have started trying not to cajole myself into the top 10 draft picks just because some new stud is up and coming....

reading Law97's post about coaching changes meaning nothing gave me a new idea though, from now on when I change head coaches I'll start using that coaches playbook at least....if I dont like the playbook and we dont perform well, then its time to ditch that coach I guess
Old 04-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maademperor
best I can do is make myself trade players only to teams that they will be able to start on (which can be difficult) and I have started trying not to cajole myself into the top 10 draft picks just because some new stud is up and coming....

reading Law97's post about coaching changes meaning nothing gave me a new idea though, from now on when I change head coaches I'll start using that coaches playbook at least....if I dont like the playbook and we dont perform well, then its time to ditch that coach I guess
thats exactly what i do

and i also make the cpu team use the playbook assigned to the coach they hired

its crazy cuz on ps2 and xbox they could have the teams play to their strengths but not on the more powerful consoles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »