Home

Operation Sports User Mock Draft

This is a discussion on Operation Sports User Mock Draft within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9
Operation Sports User Mock Draft

I don't know if I need permission or not for this, but it seems like a fun idea to help pass the time until Draft Day/more Madden info comes out.

The premise is pretty simple: post a reply selecting the player you think the team in that position will take. Throw up a picture as well, and while we're at it, go ahead and put what you think the rookie's Madden '11 rating will be fresh out the gate. It's just for fun, but please at least make reasonable picks. I'm interested to see what outcomes we come up with.

For quick reference, here's the order of the draft.

I'll get it started with the toughest one of them all :

With the first pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select a quarterback out of the University of Oklahoma, Sam Bradford.

Bradford may not be the best talent on the board, but the Rams simply cannot go another year without adding a franchise-caliber QB to their roster. Some question Bradford's durability and arm strength, but his impressive pro-day coupled with the Rams release of QB Marc Bulger seems to be a surefire indicator that Sam is the man.

Projected Rating: 80

The Detroit Lions are now on the clock...

Last edited by J Masta J; 04-15-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Operation Sports User Mock Draft

Bradford better not be an 84. You do realize that Stafford, Sanchez, Ryan and Flacco will barely be that or little better. More like a 76 or 78 IMO. If that.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Bradford better not be an 84. You do realize that Stafford, Sanchez, Ryan and Flacco will barely be that or little better. More like a 76 or 78 IMO. If that.
I guess I'm basing it on what last year's top picks were (don't really remember, but I'm pretty sure Raji at #9 was a 79). But good point, I'll adjust it to 80. I think Bradford is better than both Stafford and Sanchez when they came out. I disagree with your assessment about what their ratings will be this year. Ryan and Flacco will probably be high 80's while Stafford and Sanchez will be in the 83-86 range.

btw, feel free to post your own picks everyone...that's kind of what this is for...someone just jump in and tell us who think the Lions will take.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

With the second pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select a defensive tackle out of the University of Nebraska, Ndamukong Suh.

The Lions have shored up their defensive line already this off-season with the addition of Corey Williams and Kyle Vanden Bosch, but adding a talent of Suh's caliber will instantly make this unit one of the best in the league. While one could argue that adding offensive tackle, such as Russell Okung, is a bigger need, Suh is a once in a decade prospect who will energize the fan base and serve as the centerpiece of this defense for years to come.

Projected Rating: 84

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are now on the clock...

Last edited by J Masta J; 04-15-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
With the second pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select a defensive tackle out of the University of Nebraska, Ndamukong Suh.
Projected Rating: 84

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are now on the clock...
Hell yeah. That's all we Lions fans want is a little Suh-prise on draft day! I'd love to see this guy in a Honolulu Suh uniform. What... can't I be excited about getting this guy? Eh... so Suh me....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

With the third pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Gerald McCoy, defensive tackle out of the University of Oklahoma.

Due to the lower Bench press performance at the combine McCoy grades out at 83 ovr just below Suh.

The DT is a cornerstone position, and having a dominate one, is a must for the BUCs to anchor and improve on D. Considered trades and takin QB Clausen or S Eric Berry as need positions(Clausen is a minor upgrade from Freeman and i could trade Freeman after the preseason position battle for a future pick if need be.), but in the end went with the future all pro DT. Who should help from day one shore up the line of scrimmage and the defense.

On the clock; The Washington Redskins

Last edited by smace767; 04-15-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

With the 5th pick, the Washington Redskins take Trent Williams, offensive tackle from Oklahoma.

Russel Okung is considered by many to be the best OT prospect in the draft, but Trent Williams isn't far behind. What makes him particularly attractive to the 'Skins is his familiarity with the type of zone blocking scheme that they'll employ under Mike Shannahan. While other options at this spot may sound intriguing, such as the dynamic Eric Berry, Washington needs to find a replacement for Chirs Samuels and make sure newly acquired Donovan McNaab doesn't undergo the same type of beating that Jason Campbell was exposed to.

Projected Overall: 81

The Kansas City Chiefs are on the clock (ps...anyone else can jump in and pick for them)...

Last edited by J Masta J; 04-15-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

With the 6th Pick the Kansas City Chiefs select.... Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

Overall Rating: 82

The Chiefs took a chance on Matt Cassel last year and they need to protect him. The Cheifs tend to pick "safe" and with Okung still on the board after Trent Williams being selected before him. The Cheifs decide to go with the best OL on the board and possibly draft and hope to do what Dolphins and Browns have done and get a pro-bowler out of their young linemen.

Last edited by xcef2005; 04-15-2010 at 09:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »