Home

Interesting Quote from Loco Chat

This is a discussion on Interesting Quote from Loco Chat within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Interesting Quote from Loco Chat

Madden NFL Dev Team: "We are still discussing ways to do this without making it too frustrating for the user. The slips that played last year could be pretty frustrating since they seemed so random when they played."

For any confusion this was a response to a question about how locomotion will be affected in weather conditions...Whether players will slip, etc

I felt I had to ask, Wouldn't it be a good thing if this made that much of a difference playing in bad whether games...wouldn't it force players to play realistically, I got the impression they wouldn't want it to be that realistic, Anyone else get that vibe?? Would you even want it to be that realistic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #2
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Interesting Quote from Loco Chat

i would like to see that as well it falls into the catagory of a new rating called human error slips slides blows the coverage in the wrong place at the wrong time as it is when you call a play in madden would it not be cool to see a player not do what he is suposed to due to not knowing the play book or just confusion human error.

as for it being implemented i see it maybe next year they need to get the basic down pact before putting in things like that.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

This is my post from the other thread.

Exactly. I hated the fact that they added slips, but sometimes they wouldn't affect the play. I've seen receivers slip on their routes and warp from the ground to the catch animation to make the grab. Same with the QB dropback. The animation played so quickly, that it didn't really affect the play. Seems like they added it for just the visual.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
I felt I had to ask, Wouldn't it be a good thing if this made that much of a difference playing in bad whether games...wouldn't it force players to play realistically, I got the impression they wouldn't want it to be that realistic, Anyone else get that vibe?? Would you even want it to be that realistic?
My assumption is that the quote is with regards to the fact that we are using a joystick to control the movements.

I'm with you guys, we all want realistic controls and results but at the end of the day, it still is a video game and we are controlling the players with a stick.

If you or I were running in slick conditions, we would have full control of all of our moving body parts, we would know if we were pushing it with a juke or a cut.

When we are using the stick, it can be a little harder to make the differentiation. How much of an angle turn with the stick is too much? It's too easy to accidentally rotate directions too quick.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for realistic results and if anything, I'm really just trying to provide a reasonable reason for that quote. I don't want you guys to take it as me saying I don't want slips to happen (I do) but the dev team does have to decide what is too much.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:46 AM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I never counted the number of slips, but it seemed that there were way too many slips when guys were running their routes in rain/snow weather.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I actually liked the slips, personally.

I thought they were a little dramatic though for the QB. But still, I never thought I'd see the day where EA added variety and that I-don't-know-what-to-expect factor. There was a time where the game was so crafted to the tourney crowd that unpredictable aspects like slipping would not have previously made it in.

I think it can be tuned to be a little less dramatic and maybe less frequent, but please keep the randomness. I like that they added off-target shotgun snaps last year, but every 2 or 3 months , I wouldn't mind seeing one go over the head. Same thing with punting...
Old 04-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #7
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I actually liked the slips, personally.

I thought they were a little dramatic though for the QB. But still, I never thought I'd see the day where EA added variety and that I-don't-know-what-to-expect factor. There was a time where the game was so crafted to the tourney crowd that unpredictable aspects like slipping would not have previously made it in.

I think it can be tuned to be a little less dramatic and maybe less frequent, but please keep the randomness. I like that they added off-target shotgun snaps last year, but every 2 or 3 months , I wouldn't mind seeing one go over the head. Same thing with punting...
in the demo last year i don't people minded the over snaps , it was that the down just ended instead of giving us the option of going after it.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #8
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
in the demo last year i don't people minded the over snaps , it was that the down just ended instead of giving us the option of going after it.
The down just ended? What snaps/situations are you referring to? I don't recall a bad snap costing me a down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »