Home

Can IGN be taken seriously when it comes to Madden?

This is a discussion on Can IGN be taken seriously when it comes to Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Can IGN be taken seriously when it comes to Madden?

8.7 is a great score. Game Informer gave MLB 9.

Madden 10 is a really good football game and after patches I am more than willing to give Madden 8.9 but that is just me.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
When it comes to EA anything IGN says cant be taken seriously.

Oh boy. IGN gave the EA game a higher rating than the game that I prefer. They must be in EA's pocket!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #19
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quite honestly ever sports game gets a higher score than it deserves. I can't tell you how many game reviews I have read that gave demerits to a game for basically being the same as the last game, yet sports games in general have very little innovation year over year yet constantly receive high ratings. I simply don't understand why sports games get a bye on the innovation front simply because they have a 1 year release cycle. IMHO sports games should be in 6 to 7.5 range, with outstanding games such as MLB being 8.0 and no higher, simply because for the most part they are exactly the same as the prior year.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #20
MVP

You can asked this question to anyone or any company that YOU dont agree with... It is a OPINION. Just because you don't agree with a score does not mean you can question their credibility as a company. You play the game and give it your own score. Who cares what ign gave it.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #21
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

I'd rather hear what the guys over here at OS think about a game then what IGN thinks.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 01:52 PM   #22
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Quite honestly ever sports game gets a higher score than it deserves. I can't tell you how many game reviews I have read that gave demerits to a game for basically being the same as the last game, yet sports games in general have very little innovation year over year yet constantly receive high ratings. I simply don't understand why sports games get a bye on the innovation front simply because they have a 1 year release cycle. IMHO sports games should be in 6 to 7.5 range, with outstanding games such as MLB being 8.0 and no higher, simply because for the most part they are exactly the same as the prior year.
Well, what if the sports game was far better than any sports game ever made before? Then if they reviewed the best sports game ever it would be a joke.

Last edited by Evan_OS; 04-17-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 10

I don't think so. I also have a Gamespot account and madden is not the most popular thing to discuss on their forums. Even in their sports discussion forums, it isn't very intensive or active. The reason Gamespot and IGN can't be taken that seriously in their reviews is because they review hundreds of other games (shooters, RPGs, platformers, etc.), but OS focuses on only sports games. Obviously, when you spend more time with one type of game, you're going to get a more in-depth review that is honest and genuine.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I agree with your logic. The slow death of sport games is because we usually get glorify patches and add ons vs a new product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »