Home

I like the detailed blogs for play control NOW can we get one like it for Franchise?

This is a discussion on I like the detailed blogs for play control NOW can we get one like it for Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
I like the detailed blogs for play control NOW can we get one like it for Franchise?

I do love the level of detail they are getting into for the movement, catching etc.

Last year the EA guys a great job of showing us their minds and what they were up to with them.

I would love a very detailed one for franchise mode (offline). We did get some last year for things like progression/regression but as a whole I would like MORE of the details for the mode.

Things like scouting and off season mode, I just felt like there wasn't enough detail.

I know the last few years stats have been a big one and we had blogs about them for two years now but this is a MUST. Stats have been off in this game for to long now and although there have been attempts for two years they still haven't been NFL accurate.

I love how in the locomotion blog they say:

"In the end we did a decent job, but we found out pretty quickly that the tech we were using wasn’t giving us the control that we needed to match our vision."

about the old programming they had.

In last years comments Josh had said that the stat engine was very touchy and that basically he couldn't get it perfect. I am hoping this year they flush out that old code like they have for the movement and create and stat engine that can actually give realistic NFL stats.

The same could be said for the progression, I am hoping we see more then just end of the year. Maybe something between M10 and HC09 but I wouldn't complain if it went to HC09.

The details of scouting and the offseason (draft, etc.) would be great.

Hopefully, this year the pre-season isn't as useless as last year as well.

Training camp could be fun if it was done right as well.

Last edited by stux; 04-17-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: I like the detailed blogs for play control NOW can we get one like it for Franchi

Amen brother.

I want then to include everything in the offseason from soup to nuts. It was in HC09 and Josh and Donny have been on the franchise team for a cycle and a half. Please let them work their magic.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:49 AM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: I like the detailed blogs for play control NOW can we get one like it for Franchi

Last year they had to start from the ground up last year by redoing draft logic, and the trade logic and so on. Josh Looman told us last year don't expect to see HC09 in madden fully at first. It takes time for them to add this stuff. You don't want them just throwing stuff without it been tested properly and all. I understand your pain and wanting alot of stuff for offline franchise mode and all. But just got to give them time and all. Within the next few years they will alot fo things with the offline and online franchise. Just a matter of waiting and watching.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah that's the one I can't wait to hear about. I hope there's some flexibility with the schedule again in multi-player. I don't know why they took that out. I didn't like the improvements with franchise last year. I think Josh is limited with the bad code put down before him. In one of my franchises P.Manning wasn't re-signed and some team picked him up on a one year minimum. In Madden 09 this happened but Manning just spent the season in free agency. So Josh did improve it but it was still very ugly to me.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

What makes this so frustrated and optimistic is that it's just so many of the little things that can make franchise great again, something as simple as changing your team, and a better more immersive off-season
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »