Home

My first NFL game, im so screwed

This is a discussion on My first NFL game, im so screwed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2010, 05:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
My first NFL game, im so screwed

So i hope you more experienced players can help me out a bit. I just got Madden 10 and this is the first time i've played any Madden game to date so im bit lost with the game. I don't know the sport that well i've seen one game from TV years back and i pretty much know the general rules for the sport....but.......

1.Playbook......there is literally hundreds of different plays in that lil' book and i just don't know what kind of play i should be using. I've done pretty well in the offence but what about defence? It seems no matter what defence play i choose the opponent gains loads of yards....so is there actually a way to see what kind of an play your opponent has chosen so i could actually choose suitable defence play against it?

2.When i am about to choose my offence play the are different colored arrows that display the runs, what these colors mean?

3.What kind of defence play is most usable? i need one that would be pretty solid no matter what kind of play the opponent choose(pass or rush)

I do not understand all the ingame terms so please be patient and try to write some helpfull tips in a way that i could understand what you mean. So my weakest area is the defending, most of the time i let AI do the defending and i just choose the guy who is in front of the opponent QB and try to sack him.

Last edited by niksa83; 04-20-2010 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Im sorry if i insulted certain people, post edited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 07:52 AM   #2
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: My first NFL game, im so screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by niksa83
..God damnit...
Why? There is no reason to damn him.

To the MODS:
Sorry for going off topic.And sorry for bringing up religion but those words are cursing my religion so I feel I should take up for my religion.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Why? There is no reason to damn him.

To the MODS:
Sorry for going off topic.And sorry for bringing up religion but those words are cursing my religion so I feel I should take up for my religion.
No, you shouldn't. Here's a little hint to life: people think you're a douche for pushing your beliefs on others. He said a common curse phrase. Don't pull a Tebow.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Askmadden.com is a good site. However on defense just run either a 3-4 defense or 4-3 defense and do cover 2 and control a linebacker to help stop the run. Normally just knowing basic football strategy helps but madden employs its own strategy. Lol
Old 04-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

there's not nearly enough plays so please don't say that...lol
Old 04-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahThePatsFan
No, you shouldn't. Here's a little hint to life: people think you're a douche for pushing your beliefs on others. He said a common curse phrase. Don't pull a Tebow.
Common does not make it right.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15

Before Tebow shows up, let's get this thread off religion before it is closed.....

Just go into Play Now, turn it on rookie, and practice. I recommend playing as a DE on defence, because you can't drastically screw up a play at that position xD Just run Cover 1, Cover 2 and Cover 3, until you get better and then you can start blitzing, bringing down the safety, etc. The different lines on offensive playbook mean diff things obviously. If it is red/orange, that is the primary receiver for that play. Green means that the player is going into motion.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos
Before Tebow shows up, let's get this thread off religion before it is closed.....

Just go into Play Now, turn it on rookie, and practice. I recommend playing as a DE on defence, because you can't drastically screw up a play at that position xD Just run Cover 1, Cover 2 and Cover 3, until you get better and then you can start blitzing, bringing down the safety, etc. The different lines on offensive playbook mean diff things obviously. If it is red/orange, that is the primary receiver for that play. Green means that the player is going into motion.
Cheers for the info, What's the blue and greyish line?

This game is testing my nerves while im on defence...tho that makes me wan't to learn this game even more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »