Home

Presentation Idea

This is a discussion on Presentation Idea within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #9
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Presentation Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
With all due respect, that makes absolutely no sense at all. You do realize that Madden 10 is run almost entirely by NFL Network talent right (From the commentating booth, all the way down to the half-time show and weekly recap)? For ESPN to have had such leverage in the game, you would at least expect more ESPN penetration in the game (i.e. a 50/50 split of influence). But there doesn't seem to be any give or take in the game whatsoever. ESPN is literally non-existent in Madden 10. That's why I'm not buying that excuse, or at least not buying it completely.
I understand where you are coming from but the ESPN and NFL network are obviously competitors. Since Madden is a NFL game, it isn't surprising to see NFL network personalities in the game.

In terms of things being 50/50 split that's not going to work seeing as how both don't want the other one being in the game.

But yeah the CD guys have said the ESPN/NFL network "feud" is true and a good number of members have said that Ian said it.

Anyways as I've said in another thread a name is just a name. You could slap on a network name to a sports game and that still doesn't mean that it'll have good presentation. You can still have great presentation without a network name (e.g: NBA 2K10).

Now getting on topic (sorry OP lol) this would be a cool feature but I don't know if they would actually take the time to implement it seeing as how I don't think that there's a good amount of people that buy multiple sports games in the same year. I like and agree with what Watcher said... This would be better as an online feature.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 04-20-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Presentation Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
This would be sick. Like a network show. It would probably work best as an online feature. If nothing else, it would be a great promotional tool for them... just on the promotional angle I'm surprised they haven't done it yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
this would be a cool feature but I don't know if they would actually take the time to implement it seeing as how I don't think that there's a good amount of people that buy multiple sports games in the same year. I like and agree with what Watcher said... This would be better as an online feature.
You guys are right. It probably would be best as an online feature. Or at least it would be easiest as an online feature. Maybe tied somehow into easportsworld.com.

Thanks for the responses guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »