Home

A question for frustrated Madden fans........

This is a discussion on A question for frustrated Madden fans........ within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #25
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: A question for frustrated Madden fans........

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman bates
Why do we continue to purchase Madden every year If it has basically the same problems every year? If many of us fans would just refuse to put up 60 bones every year for a game, producers of Madden wouldn't have a choice but to put out a quality game.
Last years game was the 1st one I bought since the next-gen debut...That said I have confidence the game won't go backwards so preliminary thoughts says I will be buying M11 unless franchise blows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #26
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Well it could be worse. Look at how people in this world throws money around on crap that is meaningless. I know some can't afford to throw away 60 on just any game. But I feel sometime people waste money other places for no reason. So to me spending 60 bucks on madden ain't no worse then what other people throw their money on stuff that don't mean anything. Like Cigs, and Beer, Gambling, and so on. Thats the way I feel.
I can respect your perspective on it. I just know if the money is not there , they (EA) will work harder in getting things better, but your right people throw away money on worst things, but I still can not do it till I see a game that has the fundamentals executed in the gamed decently.

Oh yea and better animations
Old 04-21-2010, 11:16 PM   #27
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I know it isn't a new game but you can always get new rosters for 2k5 if you don't care for Madden.It's really still a better game other than graphics.Rosters are always there before pre-season and updated before the first regular season game.You can also get rosters from previous years.Just an option.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #28
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman bates
Why do we continue to purchase Madden every year If it has basically the same problems every year? If many of us fans would just refuse to put up 60 bones every year for a game, producers of Madden wouldn't have a choice but to put out a quality game.
Just wait and buy the game used off eBay. Get NCAA when Madden drops to hold you over until October, and then buy Madden in October. That's what I have traditionally done, though this year I had to pay an extra $10 for each game. I usually pay $25 used, but last year I had to pay $35. I tend to buy a lot of my games used.

I only started buying EA games new last year and my experience has not been good.

Brutal Legend ($40 on Black Friday) - Great game, but originally Activision game
Dragon Age Origins ($40 on Black Friday) - Good game, but several bugs, many voice over bugs during key plot points
Dante's Inferno (pre-ordered) - Bad game, broken upon delivery (greed bug, file corruption bug), took one month to patch

Based on this experience, I won't be buy EA games new for a long time again unless it's a known franchise such as Brutal Legend, which has a good track record of it's own accord.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #29
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Just wait and buy the game used off eBay. Get NCAA when Madden drops to hold you over until October, and then buy Madden in October. That's what I have traditionally done, though this year I had to pay an extra $10 for each game. I usually pay $25 used, but last year I had to pay $35. I tend to buy a lot of my games used.

I only started buying EA games new last year and my experience has not been good.

Brutal Legend ($40 on Black Friday) - Great game, but originally Activision game
Dragon Age Origins ($40 on Black Friday) - Good game, but several bugs, many voice over bugs during key plot points
Dante's Inferno (pre-ordered) - Bad game, broken upon delivery (greed bug, file corruption bug), took one month to patch

Based on this experience, I won't be buy EA games new for a long time again unless it's a known franchise such as Brutal Legend, which has a good track record of it's own accord.
Off topic but you need to play God of War III if you havent already.
It destroys that reject of a game EA did.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #30
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

after 20 years its hard to believe a franchise is back to its infant stage....

i look around here and its locomotion talk, gear talk, i just wonder with the baby steps every year when will they get to the point where the game lets players have some form of identity.....

live has dna
2k has detailes tendencies
fifa has tactics

madden has the FB getting 10 catches

i would take madden 10 with team tendencies and some player tendencies OVER madden 11 with footplanting and locomotion, correct hand towels and helmets, i'll even over look the small players

whats the point if teams dont mirror their real life tendency.

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »