Home

Every EA Sports Game has this except Madden

This is a discussion on Every EA Sports Game has this except Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Every EA Sports Game has this except Madden

The ability to change teams mid-Franchise.(Being fired)
Whats the point of playing Franchise if there is no challenge?If you cant be fired there is no challenge.

PS2 Franchise made it even better.You didnt get fired in those games.They FORCED you to MOVE outta town!

Thats some of the stuff EA was good at.Most games would have you be fired and make you find another team.Here comes EA and they did it better!They took that one feature(sad to have to call that a feature I know) and raised the bar with it.EA's changing teams mid-franchise feature was the best idea in any sports game and still is.It's also a very missed feature.To be forced to move your entire team.Man that was sweet!

Quote:
Madden NFL 2004 is the 14th installment of the Madden NFL series of American football video games. Michael Vick, the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback, is on the cover. New features in Madden 2004 include a new owner mode option that allows the player to control a franchise. In this mode, the player takes on all the responsibilities related to owning a professional football team, from regulating hot dog prices, to team relocation, to hiring and firing coaching staff. Another new feature is the ability to edit a historic team. Also, a new training camp mode, occurring before the preseason, that can help player progress faster by putting him through mini-camp drills.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL_2004

The first game to come to the current gen of consoles was in 06.

Quote:
The XBOX 360 version had very photo-realistic graphics but lacked the features of the Playstation 2 and XBOX versions. The player couldn't create any new players or edit the rosters or attributes. The player could still trade and release players to free agency. The game still had franchise mode but it lacked many features. The player could not change their franchise team or go into front office mode. During games the player couldn't challenge plays or fumbles and there is no graphic telling the game's final score or a prompt telling the player the game is over. Achievements were quite easy to earn for instance, completing a long pass or getting a two-point conversion were listed as achievements. The game engine of this game was retooled and later released as NCAA Football 07 and was the basis for the first two games on the next-gen console.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL_06

And that feature is still not available. thats 06,07,08,09,10...5 games later.Will 11 have it?

Last edited by ZoneKIller; 04-21-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Every EA Sports Game has this except Madden

Great shout
Old 04-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yea this is some of the things I do miss about franchise mode and all. I wish they would readd this stuff to franchise mode in the next Gen madden. But who knows what is going to happen in madden 11. Without news it's hard to know what will be added to madden 11 right now. Hopefully we will know within the next few months what Josh Looman will do with this year franchise mode.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-21-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 13

Definitely needs to be in this year. I would be so happy if they would just do this. I miss being able to build up a team and then change to another team and so the same.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Yea, that would be awesome. I hope one year they just go all out on Franchise mode, to the littlest detail. I really miss the old franchise days, I could play multiple seasons and it never got old. It was just FUN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 12:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 16

madden looks at it as your the owner. you do the firing and hiring
Old 04-22-2010, 07:52 AM   #7
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopy03
madden looks at it as your the owner. you do the firing and hiring

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »