Home

Madden NFL 11 Features Leak Out

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Features Leak Out within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 12:52 AM   #41
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden NFL 11 Features Leak Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Love the feature for the fact that when Im playing against the cpu, I hate calling my own plays due to there being to many that I know are gonna work. I use "Ask Madden" but its not that great (although it gives me closer games). It does some things like a draw on 3rd and 14 which I like cause I would usually try and pass for the 1st down.
(IMO)
Agreed. GameFlow is fine for new players and in offline mode. Definitely not for online mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 12:56 AM   #42
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Wow, they cant even properly "leak" info at this company. What the heck? an edited "leaked" list? lmao. this is about as leaked as the Spike TV Trailer. what did they do leak only the info they wanted us to know lol.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:15 AM   #43
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Re: Gameflow...

It says customizable fellas...
Old 04-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #44
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Agreed. GameFlow is fine for new players and in offline mode. Definitely not for online mode.
Why not? I would love to play someone with this feature now because it gets rid of all the BUMS/Cheesiers that go to there cheap tatics to win a game. I've seen people dominate online with just a handful of plays.....Well now what happens when u are forced to execute the plays called for you? A true football fan/simulation player would have no problem at all IMO. Especially if the game is called as in a way that the team he is playing with really calls games.

IMO it forces the cheaters to play football the right way it is meant to be played. You cant FB dive all the time. You might actually have to learn how to play the game of football. Also what I love is once again if you are a true fan of football. When you play certain teams you know what to expect. You know certain teams tendencies. Is more a chess game IMO that way.

Seriously go play 10 play now games online........whats the results? Atleast 8 out of the 10 games the person you are playing is doing things that his team that he is playing with would not normally do. Or exploiting cheese plays. Take away their abilitiy to cheese and force them to play the way the team would play. Someone from CD said it perfectly in another thread. WHile he was the Patriots in 2nd and 14 they called draw (the patriots do this all the time) followed by a 3rd down screen to Faulk. Serious Question here: How many times would you have seen that sequence in a online match?.............NEVER!!! Cause people dont play according to how there teams play. There doing what works for the W.

Although I do not believe this will be the only way to play (of course
picking your own plays in still in) If this mode was available Online. I would become a HUGE fan of Onnline Madden.

Last edited by kmart2180; 04-23-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:50 AM   #45
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Why not? I would love to play someone with this feature now because it gets rid of all the BUMS/Cheesiers that go to there cheap tatics to win a game. I've seen people dominate online with just a handful of plays.....
No, because you still have the option to call plays normally, which is what most competitive players are going to do.

Quote:
Well now what happens when u are forced to execute the plays called for you?
Then you are no longer playing the game. The AI is calling the plays, you are a bystander.

Quote:
A true football fan/simulation player would have no problem at all IMO. Especially if the game is called as in a way that the team he is playing with really calls games.
I diagree. There's simulation, and then there's simulation. You've gone too far IMHO once you are no longer playing the game. Removing a gamers ability to call a play is taking it too far.

Quote:
IMO it forces the cheaters to play football the right way it is meant to be played. You cant FB dive all the time. You might actually have to learn how to play the game of football. Also what I love is once again if you are a true fan of football. When you play certain teams you know what to expect. You know certain teams tendencies. Is more a chess game IMO that way.
Nope, they'll just go and play calls normally.

Quote:
Seriously go play 10 play now games online........whats the results?
No clue. The game doesn't have a decent passing game, nor proper momentum to make reads. I don't see any reason to play it online.

I can see Madden 12 now. The slogan? Bring Your A-Game! New game feature... all you do is hit A to hike the ball, then sit back and watch. It's the best simulation EVER!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 02:06 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 10

All Im saying is if you were to go play a game of Madden right now. Play 1 game calling your own plays. (Results will = a pretty easy win for you/whoever) Now go play a game with "ask madden" (Results will = maybe a win but alot more competitive game)

When you call your own plays you know what works (esspecially against the not so good AI in Madden) I can make Vernon Davis look like a god when I call my own plays cause its just to easy to do. When I "ask Madden" I find that I have less plays with VD being my main man. On a key 3rd down it might pick a run play instead of that easy Te drag that I know can get me that first down. It forces you to play through the Coach and not yourself.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:14 AM   #47
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

Can't wait for team play!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:24 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
All Im saying is if you were to go play a game of Madden right now. Play 1 game calling your own plays. (Results will = a pretty easy win for you/whoever) Now go play a game with "ask madden" (Results will = maybe a win but alot more competitive game)

When you call your own plays you know what works (esspecially against the not so good AI in Madden) I can make Vernon Davis look like a god when I call my own plays cause its just to easy to do. When I "ask Madden" I find that I have less plays with VD being my main man. On a key 3rd down it might pick a run play instead of that easy Te drag that I know can get me that first down. It forces you to play through the Coach and not yourself.
I am the coach, the GM, the lord of my football world if you will. They need to fix the gameplay not take more control away from the person playing the game. Against the CPU I could see using it, but against a human opponent - especially one I play against often - no frickin way. When you play against smart Madden players regularly you have to become adaptive in your play calls and strategy - if you play online against random people what does it matter if you win or lose or cheat - nothing cuz the game means nothing but put your best friend on the couch let him take your division rival in franchise playoff game and the game takes on a more important feel. I don't want the CPU cheating me out of the strategic battles with a worthy opponent!

As for against the CPU it would be great if they just fixed the game so the CPU called a better game, but that might be asking too much.

Adaptive AI - I hear that every year from EA - the CPU will shut down repeated routes or plays, but the CPU never seems to - get that into the game and you no longer need gimmicks like the CPU calling your plays!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »