Home

Madden NFL 11 Exclusive Debut Trailer

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Exclusive Debut Trailer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 01:21 AM   #65
All Star

OVR: 49
thats preview trailer and the 1st one? it looks and sounds like a god damm power point presentation...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 01:22 AM   #66
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Madden NFL 11 Exclusive Debut Trailer

it wasnt that bad compared to the NCAA gameplay vid...still want to see more of the OL/DL interaction...
Old 04-23-2010, 01:23 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
What I don't get is that nobody was really complaining about the game being too long so why are we getting this heavy focus on making the game quicker & simpler? I hope they're not using the same play calling screen from last year. It looks like they're using the same score overlay from last year. Come on EA just use TV style broacasting & spice things up a bit. Madden can't possibly let NCAA have better presentation than them can they? Are we at least gonna get a Monday Night Football presentation in franchise mode?
I have actually been wondering if anyone has complained about game lengths, myself, but I'm not really a big onliner so, eh. I play on 7min qtrs against the CPU but 5 min when playing friends online or at my house. Time doesn't bother me. IT'S FOOTBALL!! lol
Old 04-23-2010, 01:23 AM   #68
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
What I don't get is that nobody was really complaining about the game being too long so why are we getting this heavy focus on making the game quicker & simpler?
Note quite true, there are players asking for in game saves. No word on that though. Seems like there's a disconnect between product management and the consumer, even with devs on the forums.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:26 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 8

What the hell was going on with Colston once the ball was snapped? Where are the improved physics and locomotion?
Old 04-23-2010, 01:28 AM   #70
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

--While I understand that EA is trying to cater to the casual fan through a simpler, quicker experience, I just don't think that slogan is great for marketing. Is the casual fan now gonna play Madden because they told him that it's faster and simpler? Not really sure.

When the casual fan picks up Madden, they may want it to be simpler and quicker, but I don't think telling them is going to make them play.

I just find it a bit disturbing that the marketing team at EA chose simpler and faster as the most important slogans for the year.

--The Madden and NCAA videos we've seen are showing way too many spin moves. How many times do we actually see spins in real life. I'd rather just see some really nice, smooth cuts from the dual control system.

--On the bright side, I think this gameplan feature will be pretty cool, especially if we can create and edit our own gameplans--hopefully with create a playbook too.

--The Sideline catch was nice

--OL/DL looked pretty much the same. The Colts' DEs ran right into the OTs. Top DEs like Freeney may be a non-factor again this year.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:30 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
What the hell was going on with Colston once the ball was snapped? Where are the improved physics and locomotion?
Seriously! I mean come on... I'm not one to complain but they said it would account for EVERYONE on the field. So far it only looks like it applies to ball carriers. Even the way drew brees back peddled out of the pocket like that?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #72
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
That's the thing though... there wasn't much actual in-game gameplay in the vid to show off animations well.

The trailer was more so showing of the gameflow feature.

This trailer (IMO) should be used as more of a way to talk about gameflow's implementation than anything else (especially not how the game as a whole will be)...

That's just me though I guess.
Color it however you want,but when showing off "features" it also calls for gamplay to show said "features".
I don't care about these things,I know what I want to see,and I did NOT see it,so therefore for me it's a no buy.

When the fundamentals can't even be implemented correctly,all these "fluff features" are absolutely worthless to me. Every year is the same thing,and I absolutely refuse to go down this "road" again.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »