Home

where are the franchise updates?

This is a discussion on where are the franchise updates? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: where are the franchise updates?

I want to add one thing to this, which is, they are trying to keep everyone happy.

It seems like they are adding a little to every section every year and no complete overhauling of any individual part of the game.

I think if you were to skip a couple of years you would see major changes but they route they are going there will be changes for every part but no complete revamping of any thing.

It seem to me though that offline franchise mode been getting the smallest changes.

Last year was mostly tweaking (some of which was coding that should have been flushed and redone because working with the existing could never give us exactly what we want (i.e. stats)) and adding some things back in from previous Maddens that we have been asking for.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah it's still early but Looman put up a franchise blog 6th april last year. That doesn't mean he won't have one but for many people franchise mode is a deal breaker so the lack of any mention to it is a worry.
I think Looman might have been put on MUT and stuff to generate money after the games sold. If offline franchise is really good then people are less likely to play the pay for features. Ea have shown before this is the way they make games. Franchise fans should be worried but hold of on the panic.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Lol, seriously? That's Marketing. All you have to do is look at what's going on around you to see how it works.

Apple already has a working prototype of the next iPhone..are they marketing it now on tv? No. They'll start the flurry AFTER they reveal it in June. Did you see a single commercial for the iPad before it was released? How about after?

Did you see any Avatar DVD cross promotion during the last few games of the NBA season? Did you start seeing it like crazy during the few weeks before the DVD actually dropped?

Do you think they're gonna try to build hype now with new juicy details? Or like a month and a half before the game comes out? We're still 4 months away dude. The lack of them mentioning Franchise doesn't mean that they didn't touch it. It means it's April 23rd.

Now don't get me wrong...if it turns out that they didn't touch Franchise, I'll be one of the first to call them out on it (in a constructive way) but to say "Hey man!!!! We didn't receive any substantial, juicy, info the day that they revealed the cover!!!!!" is kind of foolish.
I think you are misunderstanding his point.

Which, is not that they aren't going do anything to the mode but that again another year it won't be a major focus. Just changing small things an no major rework that the mode has needed since this generation started.

It is very frustrating to see year in year out focus on presentation, gameplay, and online with just small things for offline franchise mode.

The first few things they mention every year tend to be the focus for that year's game.

Last year was game play, presentation, and online. This year looks to be more of the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Lol, seriously? That's Marketing. All you have to do is look at what's going on around you to see how it works.

Apple already has a working prototype of the next iPhone..are they marketing it now on tv? No. They'll start the flurry AFTER they reveal it in June. Did you see a single commercial for the iPad before it was released? How about after?

Did you see any Avatar DVD cross promotion during the last few games of the NBA season? Did you start seeing it like crazy during the few weeks before the DVD actually dropped?

Do you think they're gonna try to build hype now with new juicy details? Or like a month and a half before the game comes out? We're still 4 months away dude. The lack of them mentioning Franchise doesn't mean that they didn't touch it. It means it's April 23rd.

Now don't get me wrong...if it turns out that they didn't touch Franchise, I'll be one of the first to call them out on it (in a constructive way) but to say "Hey man!!!! We didn't receive any substantial, juicy, info the day that they revealed the cover!!!!!" is kind of foolish.
Last year, they did ot speak about any updates when it came to Franchise mode, but we herd plenty about game play and a bunch of other stuff. We all found out that they did very little to the mode. I understand what you mean with the marketing thing, but last year they kept extra quiet on it and never mention much and he found out why when we bought the game.

All in all its pretty early as were are in only in April, but if they don't talk about it as much as the other things in the game more then likely they have done very little to it.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Why do some people keep crying about there is no franchise news and all. Goodness. It's late April and still plenty of time. To many people in the past few days have asked about this. It's seems to be getting old. I'm a Franchise nut aswell. But I'm not beggin for a blog right now. I know time will come when Ian are Josh will let us know what they have done about franchise mode this year. Please chill out. No need to go crazy on us people. I know how you feel and all. But there is no reason for betting a dead horse here. They will give us a blog on franchise mode when they can.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Why do some people keep crying about there is no franchise news and all. Goodness. It's late April and still plenty of time. To many people in the past few days have asked about this. It's seems to be getting old. I'm a Franchise nut aswell. But I'm not beggin for a blog right now. I know time will come when Ian are Josh will let us know what they have done about franchise mode this year. Please chill out. No need to go crazy on us people. I know how you feel and all. But there is no reason for betting a dead horse here. They will give us a blog on franchise mode when they can.
Again, I don't think you understand the complaint either.

It isn't that people would like a franchise blog now.

It is that EA tends to disclose the major changes in a large marketed fashion. It does atm appear that franchise mode isn't going to be a major focus or get a major revamping.

In either case, it would be nice for them to come out one year and say this year is the franchise mode year. Hit the ground running and say it has been completely redone and is going to be great.

Being that they haven't done that I am not expecting major changes to it.

You really think they redid it this year? I don't think any one does at this point. EA tends to disclose the year's major goals pretty fast from what I have seen. Then the smaller things come in future blogs and the like.

But if you want to say it is to early to say for sure I will respect that but my opinion stands. We are all welcome to speculate based on the information at hand.

Last edited by stux; 04-23-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
The first few things they mention every year tend to be the focus for that year's game.
Bingo. There's such a repeated pattern of behavior EA has exhibited over the years, even with the Marketing of the game, that it has become so predictable it's not hard to figure out what's going on.

Yet every year, there are people who believe that "this year is different", "it's only (insert month here)", "they've had another year", etc.

Do you REALLY think offline franchise was given more than a cursory addition this year?

Consider:

* Last year, franchise stats were screwed even after a patch that supposedly was to address it. Given that time and resources are given to that which is deemed most important, well, you do the math.

* By EA's own admission, they didn't have time to do everything they wanted to for ONLINE franchise mode in Madden '10.

* In the midst of the "simpler, quicker, deeper" nonsense, what word is put out there? Online. What subject has had nary a word uttered? Offline franchise.

* Peter Moore's vision? Online.

I'm just as surprised and amused that there are still people here who continue to give EA the benefit of the doubt given the overwhelming evidence and history against it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #16
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Bingo. There's such a repeated pattern of behavior EA has exhibited over the years, even with the Marketing of the game, that it has become so predictable it's not hard to figure out what's going on.

Yet every year, there are people who believe that "this year is different", "it's only (insert month here)", "they've had another year", etc.

Do you REALLY think offline franchise was given more than a cursory addition this year?

Consider:

* Last year, franchise stats were screwed even after a patch that supposedly was to address it. Given that time and resources are given to that which is deemed most important, well, you do the math.

* By EA's own admission, they didn't have time to do everything they wanted to for ONLINE franchise mode in Madden '10.

* In the midst of the "simpler, quicker, deeper" nonsense, what word is put out there? Online. What subject has had nary a word uttered? Offline franchise.

* Peter Moore's vision? Online.

I'm just as surprised and amused that there are still people here who continue to give EA the benefit of the doubt given the overwhelming evidence and history against it.
You forgot to factor in that the teams responsible for the messes made in Madden 06-09 were at the behest of David Ortiz, a guy widely recognized as someone who kind of broke the Madden franchise...and despite having to clean up some mistakes made in the past they still were able to add a few things here and there to try to improve the mode.

Obviously the major one would be the halftime and weekly wrap up shows. But what about adding the half sack and assisted tackle stats? What about their fixing the absurdly broken draft and free agency logic from Madden 09? 30 some odd HAND CREATED draft classes to add in gems and busts to try to emulate the insane art of drafting NFL players. Or how about scaling the overalls so rookies ported over from NCAA didn't come into Madden as a 96 overall?

Yea...Franchise mode gets no attention what so ever. It's EXACTLY the same as Madden 09's Franchise.

Was it perfect? Not even close...but did they work on it and can I acknowledge that? Yep. Do I believe the man that is responsible for Head Coach 09 when he says that they will continue to work on it? Why not?

Oh and by the way, I don't put patches in the same category as working with source code to fix something. Yea they tried to patch the scale so stats would be more in line with real life and it didn't work out. But I also downloaded a patch for NBA 2K10 and all of a sudden I'm seeing Shaq and Tyson Chandler start to throw up 3's and the only way to counteract that is to turn off player roles in Association... and you're pretty much screwed in My Player.

So even the quality games from quality companies can release a patch that doesn't do what it was intended to. That's what can happen when you try to release a file that alters code like that, it may or may not have the effect you intended or it may fix one problem and cause another. That's the world we live in now with console gaming.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 04-23-2010 at 02:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »