Home

where are the franchise updates?

This is a discussion on where are the franchise updates? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: where are the franchise updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
Good perspective, I think alot of ppl need to understand marketing 101... telling ppl about IR is going a long way in alienating your real consumer/fanbase (see what i did there )
The truth hurts! We really do have to keep in mind that Madden is not a game targeted at 50,000 or 100,000 people. That doesn't mean the game modes that appeal to the minority (us) should suck or be ignored... it just means we can't expect "Simpler. Quicker. Deeper." to be replaced by "Realistic Injured Reserve. CPU-Initiated Trades. UNPARALLELED FREE AGENCY REALISM."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 11

We shall see folks, we shall see.

Just enough to get by...

Last edited by Flamehead; 04-23-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
I think alot of ppl need to understand marketing 101
Couldn't agree more...
Old 04-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #44
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

I think the main problem with the fans on here is this:Every year we here the SAME thing.We wait,wait and wait a lil more for the Franchise blogs just to find out.....Stats are being fixed this year along with better progression.

Next season we wait.....wait....and wait a lil more for the Franchise blog to find out...We are adding online Franchise but you will see every rating of the draft players,there will be no contracts,You can trade for any1 in the league,But we will add more to it later in th year.Offline Franchise is basically being fixed from last years with a weekly show but no highlights.Then we wait...wait...wait and no updates to online Franchise.(I didnt start my first one till after the Super Bowl when I ound out there was no reason to wait anymore beause there was going to be NO updates.Also the last update just ruined the stats for offline Franchise.My last Franchise I was playing OFFline,the rushing record was more than 2500 in a year.And second place wasnt to far behind.

I think alot of people here like Madden but they have been let down from the Franchise Modes this Gen so many times that they are tired of waiting to be let down anymore.I loved Madden 10 out of the box.Franchise was better but not where it should be 5 games in this gen.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yep.

All the numbers I have seen suggest more people play franchise mode than anything else. Yet they're always focusing on other things...

It'd be great to have an updated franchise mode, like they promised last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #46
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

i really hope like everybody on here and looking for a deeper then ever before fran-mode, Because I think they already know this and Im hoping they bring it this year. I rememeber hearing Ian say that the reason they dont put real time injuries in the game is because he didnt want to see his boy Chris johnson go down in the middle of important game and have to be without him for weeks at a time. But thats apart of football it is a contact sport, And all that is in the game and what we see on sundays.. I guess this is just to much to ask for.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Hmm the reason they can't bring in more people to help Josh Looman out is because they have been cutting back on staff already. EA has been lossing money for the past 3 years now. There is no way they can afford more staff member right now. If they could they would. I'm sure Josh and his small crew is doing fine on franchsie mode both offline and online. No need to worry so much my friend.
and why have they been losing money? because they have been neglecting franchise mode. Franchise mode is what keeps ppl playing even after the NFL season is over. I have seen many of your posts in multiple threads trying to "calm" ppl down and i just dont think you 'get it'.

As someone else said in this thread, if they just bite the bullet and hire more help for josh for just ONE year and completely revamp it then sales will boost (and less ppl will return the game) and within the about the next two iterations of the game they will made enough money to counter their losses for the extra help and then some..
Old 04-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Hmm the reason they can't bring in more people to help Josh Looman out is because they have been cutting back on staff already. EA has been lossing money for the past 3 years now. There is no way they can afford more staff member right now. If they could they would. I'm sure Josh and his small crew is doing fine on franchsie mode both offline and online. No need to worry so much my friend.
I wish I could find the glasses you're wearing when viewing Madden.
Yes, EA has been losing money....why? Because they got fat and lazy, and stopped innovating for quite a while....their "stellar" games fell off the map, Madden included.
But, to suggest that they can't afford to hire more people is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read!
To make money you gotta' spend money....how about taking some of their MASSIVE marketing budget and putting it into R&D?? How about getting Madden back to the popularity it once had by making the game great again? They'd make more money than they'd spend if the game sold as it used to.
I hear people here all the time asking "how can you guys bash EA for this and that"....well, some of the remarks on the other end (such as the one I quoted) are just as crazy and pathetic as the flaming posts.
And I am SO tired of hearing the SAME rhetoric as we've listened to these last few years..."this is an alpha build, relax"..."there's still X number of months for them to fix this or that"..."this is only so and so's 2nd year in charge, just give them time"....."just cause they aren't hyping it doesn't mean they aren't doing it"....
OMG, when will people stop wearing the rose colored glasses and wake up to realize we will get what we've gotten in the past....incremental improvements (or at least changes) year to year at best.
Ian is not the 2nd coming of Christ, nor is Josh....they are employees of a huge money making machine, who's only purpose is to make the company more money in whatever way they can. Period.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »