Home

#1 Reason NCAA 11 and Madden 11 will fail to please

This is a discussion on #1 Reason NCAA 11 and Madden 11 will fail to please within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you think this is right, wrong, or out of line?
Right 9 39.13%
Wrong 6 26.09%
Out Of Line 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
#1 Reason NCAA 11 and Madden 11 will fail to please

Now before I go on and explain why it will bomb like NCAA 10 and Madden 10. I am no Madden ***** or 2k5 Die Hard Fan Boy. I like both games, I play 2k5 on the Xbox and I play Madden 08 on the PC. Yes I said Madden 08 on the PC, why because it is a better game than any Madden on the next gen systems. I have NCAA 10 on 360 and I am disappointed in the feel and physics of this game. The only up side I feel is the Recruiting part of this game.

When EA took Madden and NCAA into the Next generation of consoling they made the biggest mistake of all time. They rewrote all new code for the Next Generation systems. This is the reason you always see 2k5 used as a comparison for the next gen football games. It is because of this new code that was wrote you see suction blocking, time freeze tackling, tron jogging, and WWE style power slams from defensive backs in mid air.

This is also the case in why ratings of players have no meaning in the game. This is why people are complaining about this next gen version of Madden. I'll make and example, in my first game of Madden 08, a Tampa Bay ROLB was covering Miles Austin, now we all know what happen in the NGV(Next Generation Version) of Madden the LB will cover any receiver like he is Dion Sanders. Here though in this game he got burned because his speed ratings did not allow him to keep up with a receiver.

Now think about this OGV(Old Generation Version) of Madden respected the ratings system, respected the game of football, and having the push of competition against them help them make a better OGV of Madden. Now 2k5 had better audio better presentation yes, but they did do other things better than Madden. Their core engine they got football down to a T. Their respect for weight, size, ratings systems and the that each player had the own running style and personality.

Think about it, and it doesn't matter if you hate the game or not, NGV Madden ever one catches in the same way, runs the same way, and moves the same way, 2k5 you didn't see that. They all had their own feel. When you think of football no two people run, catch or move in the same way. Now I know every one thinks that 2k5 was just and arcade version of a football game.

It's not, how many times on Sunday do you see a half back like LT run full speed and just spin on a dime, never, how many times do you see them juke at full speed, none. In NGV you can do this full speed, juke, spin, and do all sort of funky moves at full speed. This right here is arcadey, not real and if you think that it is I dare you to run full speed and spin on a dime with out severely injuring yourself.

Now how many times have you seen those players do a little jog and then "BOOM!!"(To Quote Madden) they hit the hole with such a force they burst right through it. You see things like that in football all the time, no different than 2k5 charge system, you can charge up your half back and "BOOM!!" hit that hole with such a farce your burst right through it. That right there is football not arcade.

Why do I tell you all of this is because the new code that was wrote for NGV Madden will never achieve this as long as people only ask for better presentation. When All Pro 2k8 came out all they did was improve the great code they already had.Ea had a great code and could have improved on that code to make the greatest football game but instead opted for a new start and instead of moving forward moved 20 years back to the old Atari days.

Since NCAA and Madden use practically the same code the will continue to fail at pleasing until they see that the code they had in place already is their best savior at making NCAA and Madden the best football games on the market. OGV NCAA 08 was the best NCAA they put out, with a great code that mimic real college football and the best off season to improve players on your squad.

Whether you want to believe it or not OGV Football games are for superior than NGV Football games, maybe not it graphics but when it come to physics, game play and realistic feel, OGV are the way to go. If you don't believe me take and OGV of Madden , NCAA and play them and then go back and play the NGV of Madden and NCAA and I promise you you will see flat out where the new coding of the games destroy every realistic aspect of the game. The difference in physics and control will make you go Holly Blank<--(Fill in with a 4 letter Word) why did they change it so much for. This is the reason why you never ever "FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE!!!!". EA made that mistake and will continue to pay for it until they figure it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: #1 Reason NCAA 11 and Madden 11 will fail to please

Welcome to the site, first post is a poll.

Too long to read for me, but I get the gist.

It's been said before.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Madden and NCAA 10 bombed? Thats news to me man. I thought the games were pretty slick.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I will say one thing. Last year the game was over hyped, and gamers walked away disappointed. This year the game is under hyped, so maybe there's a chance gamers will be happy. Time will tell.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Why is everyone so pessimistic this early on? I know that some people don't want to be let down again, but this is too early, and as of today, the news about Madden is hard to complain about. Everything looks good so far. We're hearing about solutions that have been implemented to fix the problems that has plagued this game for years, yet people are unwilling to accept it, and are calling the game a failure already. Like I always say, we'll find out the real verdict when we play the game.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

New team (different pieces in different places), new direction. Based just of the jump 09-10, you'd think more folks would be optimistic...I am....I guess they took to long to get serious.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
New team (different pieces in different places), new direction. Based just of the jump 09-10, you'd think more folks would be optimistic...I am....I guess they took to long to get serious.
Why does everyone keep saying it's a new team. It's just a new direction. The guys working on it have all said they have been working on it since 2005 or earlier.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:20 PM   #8
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Why does everyone keep saying it's a new team. It's just a new direction. The guys working on it have all said they have been working on it since 2005 or earlier.
.....V, note the ()...obviously not a 'new' team, just different folks leading the charge, with a new direction, thus (hopefully) a new game.

BTW, I'm not a negative person, not surrounded by negativity, but coming here brings a ton of that. So i try to respond somewhat positive, even if i seem "ignorant or blind", but whatever. We are talking about Video Games.

Last edited by Pacman83; 04-22-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »