Home

For everyone complaining about GAMEFLOW!

This is a discussion on For everyone complaining about GAMEFLOW! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #73
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: For everyone complaining about GAMEFLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, according to Brees, though, Valdarez, the Madden team did research on all the situational tendency's for all the specific teams. Like I said earlier, and I don't know if this will happen, but if the Packers line up in shotgun 60% of the time on first down, I hope that is reflected with game plan. If it is, Madden is on to something good, at least for me.

I'm not attacking your view, just thinking it's premature based on the knowledge that we have up to this point. I think the questions we both may have will come out in a future blog.

Plus, I'm taking into very serious consideration the folks that have had personal on-site experience with it and they have reported very high marks so far.

Also, something that you mentioned above. I'd rather play towards my teams tendency's vs playing on my own tendency's. That's just me, though.
That's fair. All I have done is state my view on it based on my game features wants/needs. Doesn't make it right, just makes it my view.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #74
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

A few thoughts:
1. This sounds like a good franchise feature. When coaches move to different teams hopefully they'll have the same gameplan from team to team or at least be more predictable. We all know Mike Martz is gonna pass the ball. We know that Rex Ryan has exotic blitz packages. When they coach different teams we should look for those things from those coaches.
2. Coaches scout players from looking at game film. However Madden can't do that so we can just rely on stats and looking at the opposing teams ratings. For example a team has a 90 qb and a 90 wr who is averaging 100 yards a game which can be determined by looking at the season stats, you would know to gameplan against that receiver. Conversely on defense is a player that gets a lot of sacks obviously blitzes a lot and you have to gameplan against him.
3. This system does have limitation. The most obvious is lack of game tape. However, a scouting report of the team should be available inside the franchise menu like the last gen days.
4. Its a new feature try it first before making judgment. Remember its still being tweaked.
Just my .02.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Ask Madden was meant to provide the appropriate play for the given situation. Beginner play calling only provided one play. Gameflow now selects a play for you for the given situation (just like Ask Madden) and it gives you the play drawing it on the field (just like Beginner play calling, one play selected for you).

You may be able to adjust your GamePlan, but at the line it's still the 'coach' (the AI, or Ask Madden) calling the play. That's how I was forced to play M10, and as I stated, I might be an outlier due to how I played M10. The feature just doesn't excite me. If anything, it feels like I'm having a way I was forced to play in M10 touted to me as a 'feature' in M11. I want to have a challenging / strategic game offline while selecting my own plays on each and every down whether on offense/defense. While the later is still possible, I'm still not certain that a strategic game is forth coming, that the AI is going to be able to adapt and adjust to our play calling. Instead, it sounds to me like they are going to be locked into their own game plans, basically ignorant of our play calling tendencies.

You guys can attack me for presenting my view, but it's not what I was looking for in M11, and while I agree it's a new feature and great for newer players, it's just not something that's going to make playing offline more fun for me. I want the strategy element, and GameFlow does not seem to provide it at this time (based on our current level of knowledge of the feature).
i'm not attacking you im just saying that ask madden was random point blank....right? but gameplan & gameflow is all your plays you pick for each team and down from what i understand...and can still override it if you think something may work better...only time will tell...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
A few thoughts:
1. This sounds like a good franchise feature. When coaches move to different teams hopefully they'll have the same gameplan from team to team or at least be more predictable. We all know Mike Martz is gonna pass the ball. We know that Rex Ryan has exotic blitz packages. When they coach different teams we should look for those things from those coaches.
2. Coaches scout players from looking at game film. However Madden can't do that so we can just rely on stats and looking at the opposing teams ratings. For example a team has a 90 qb and a 90 wr who is averaging 100 yards a game which can be determined by looking at the season stats, you would know to gameplan against that receiver. Conversely on defense is a player that gets a lot of sacks obviously blitzes a lot and you have to gameplan against him.
3. This system does have limitation. The most obvious is lack of game tape. However, a scouting report of the team should be available inside the franchise menu like the last gen days.
4. Its a new feature try it first before making judgment. Remember its still being tweaked.
Just my .02.
But, therein may lie another problem.
Coaches need certain types of players to execute their strategy....if they move to new teams who do not have those types of players, the teams'll suck in no time...move a few coaches around and the entire realistic "balance" of the league goes out the window.
And I do NOT have the faith that Tiburon will be able to implement draft/trade logic into the game that is deep enough to allow these new coaches to properly rebuild their teams roster to benefit their style of play.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #77
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Just saw a twitter from Ian;

GameFlow/Plan was made to make the game more fun AND more authentic.

There you have it.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #78
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Just saw a twitter from Ian;

GameFlow/Plan was made to make the game more fun AND more authentic.

There you have it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember hearing that John Madden himself gave them this idea or concept.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember hearing that John Madden himself gave them this idea or concept.
yeah i heard that to....
Old 04-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
You could be right. I do recall Ian saying that Madden told them to put in more shotgun plays. Teams were using shotgun a lot more last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »