Home

For everyone complaining about GAMEFLOW!

This is a discussion on For everyone complaining about GAMEFLOW! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: For everyone complaining about GAMEFLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Meh, I won't knock it to I try it. It sounds good but Madden is known for putting fancy names and touting things that are broken to some extent.

Valdarez is somewhat right though, maybe I'm not reading into the feature right, but if I don't know the Panthers like to call a saw dog on 3rd and 9, how will I pick a play to attack that?
Like the CD guys have stated there is more to this feature that hasnt been announced yet. Im guessing we can go in and look at stats and stuff like that to sort of study how each team plays. Then make our gameplan according to those stats. However thats just a guess
Old 04-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #50
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

For anyone that is still unsure..

It would appear that from this image, gameflow is supposed to be the default option. The reason behind is that after a play, most of us press X (on PS3) or A (on Xbox) to skip the cutscene and select the next play. The set gameplan is brought up pressing this button, with the playbook being brought up by Square (on PS3) or X (on Xbox).

Old 04-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #51
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Not feeling how this will help open up playbooks. Imo, newbies aren't the ones picking 3 plays online, it's usually the guys playing for their rankings using a handful of money plays and nanoblitzes that are highly successful.

I don't really feel I need to set up a gameplan, I don't change what I do to fit my opponents game, they usually play very similar and I know what plays I like to run in certain situations.

It's not a gimmick imo, just not something that will make me wanna pick up Madden 11 when I couldn't enjoy Madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Not feeling how this will help open up playbooks. Imo, newbies aren't the ones picking 3 plays online, it's usually the guys playing for their rankings using a handful of money plays and nanoblitzes that are highly successful.

I don't really feel I need to set up a gameplan, I don't change what I do to fit my opponents game, they usually play very similar and I know what plays I like to run in certain situations.

It's not a gimmick imo, just not something that will make me wanna pick up Madden 11 when I couldn't enjoy Madden 10.
My feelings exactly.....UNLESS they incorporate some serious changes into the AI, that actually STICK to the final build, it's not necessary to gameplan in Madden. You've always been able to run the same type of offense and defense regardless of who you are playing, and get basically the same results.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #53
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
All I can do is LOL @ the need for virtual game film. This is about as sim as you can get. This is something we haven't seen in a game, so you can't write it off w/o trying it first. I see it as a HUGE plus. EA is innovating here and I guess some people have a problem with that.

I hope that you can set up different game plans for each of your online friends. That would be awesome. I know those guys too well, so developing an aggressive game plan to attack them would be great.
Absolutely. I see this as EA Sports finally bringing a potentially great new feature to the table that other games never had. Finally, a feature that is actually innovative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Just as much as you can hate yourself for going against your game plan.

After scoring on his first drive against me with Frank Gore, adembroski for some reason decided to start throwing it with alex smith. Fast forward to the end of the game where my team had like 5 picks and the score was 49-14 me. I kept handing it off to Frank Gore and stuck with my game plan. When he abandoned his game plan, it bit him in the butt and then hge started to try and play catch up and that put him more behind. at one point you just start playing for pride. To be fair, AJ is good at the game, he just had a bad game. We all do.
After reading everything that you guys said about this, I'm really excited to try it out. I don't want to get overly excited because this feature may not be exactly what I might think it'll be when I play the game. If this is what you say it is, coupled with the possible (unannounced) ability to create new plays, or have some of the old pre-snap controls from last-gen Maddens, this is truly going to be the year Madden gets true replay value.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 04-24-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 55

I have a good guess as to what the "unreleased aspect" of Gameplan that Adembroski was teasing us with:

Halftime adjustments!

So, when you play a guy, you can use your standard gameflow for the first half, then adjust your gameplan at halftime according to what you saw. It's just like real life.

You heard it here, first! (I think?)

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 04-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #55
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Absolutely. I see this as EA Sports finally bringing a potentially great new feature to the table that other games never had. Finally, a feature that is actually innovative.
Sure, rebranding AskMadden and coupling it with Beginner style play calling. Very innovative.

Wonder if the Strategy Pad has anything to do with Game Flow? (no joke here) It seems to be visible at the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #56
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Sure, rebranding AskMadden and coupling it with Beginner style play calling. Very innovative.

Wonder if the Strategy Pad has anything to do with Game Flow? (no joke here) It seems to be visible at the line.
You're jumping to conclusions about a feature that you could know nothing about. You could be very wrong or you could be very right, but at the moment, the Community Day guys that has actually played the game say that they went in with the mindset that you have and came out impressed with how it made the game a more realistic representation of football. I think to say that this feature is re-branding ask Madden is a bit premature considering you haven't used it yet. The innovation in this is that it creates a new style to play the game that no other football game has had. You can call it the same as Ask Madden, but you don't have the hands-on experience to back that up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »