Home

"Strategy Pad" == Return of Last Gen Pre-Play Controls?

This is a discussion on "Strategy Pad" == Return of Last Gen Pre-Play Controls? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2010, 12:06 AM   #33
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: "Strategy Pad" == Return of Last Gen Pre-Play Controls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Breakdown of legacy gen pre-snap assignment adjustments

Note: when using defensive playmaker controls there was no need to hit X first and all the adjustments were on the R-Stick which made this way way faster and way easier to use
and you could indivudually bumb or play off by hitting triangle, the receiver icon and up or down on L Stick or d-pad, and shade by hitting triangle the icon and L1 to shade left or R1 to shade right.

DEFENSE CONTROLS - DEFENSIVE PLAYMAKER
For Defensive Playmaker, highlight player, then press Right Stick UP = Linebacker hook zone/Defensive back deep zone:Right stick
DOWN = Blitz:Right stick
DOWN twice = QB Contain Blitz:Right stick
LEFT = Go into QB spy coverage:Right stick
RIGHT = Play a flat zone:Right stick
RIGHT twice = Play a curl zone:Right stick

miss that soo much!!! I really wish they would put that back in the 'Next-Gen'
Old 04-25-2010, 12:32 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: "Strategy Pad" == Return of Last Gen Pre-Play Controls?

I can not for the life of me figure out why they changed it in the first place - made no sense to change it and this gen sucks in this area!

And honestly I miss the last gen control layout for the following reasons;

Sprint on the X button made you release it to do moves that would require footwork (jukes, hurdles, spins, dives) which in the way it was laid out forced some realism and I miss the "cut moves" because this gen the left stick mini jukes suck balls!!!

The buttons were/are pressure sensitive and on PS2 you got consistent results based on how you hit the button - spin move if you tap the button you get a quick spin if you hold the button the guy would really plant his foot and make a bigger area spin.

I do not understand why the pressure sensitive stuff is not being utilized for player control within this gen. User catch is so frustrating in M10 because the way you hit the button has no affect on the animation played!

The dive, why not instead of having the situation dictate the animation- let the user control it - you tap the button the player will just quickly fall forward, press it and he will do a Marion Barber superman style dive and if you hold it the player will do the goaline over the top dive.

User catch - tap button for in stride animation, press and quickly release for short jump and press for going up to meet the ball at its highest point.

Hurdle - well you get the idea...

I miss the "cut moves" - especially the shoulder fake double moves by pressing L1, then R1 in rapid succession - sooooo coooool! and left you feeling like you actually were in control of the animation where this gen I try doing a move and the CPU seems to randomly decide what the player does and I HATE IT!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »