Home

The "Little Things" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Little Things" Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Aspect of The Game Needs The Biggest Revamp and or Improvements To Be That Much
Gameplay 26 46.43%
Franchise 26 46.43%
Online Gameplay and Franchise 5 8.93%
Presentation 19 33.93%
Graphics 4 7.14%
Menus 3 5.36%
All of the above. 6 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2010, 04:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 13
The "Little Things" Thread

Lets just see where this goes shall we? Basically how this will work is, just think of the little details that the Madden NFL needs to be that much better. Everywhere from gameplay, franchise, online play and franchise, presentation, graphics, menus, etc. Keep in mind this is not only for Madden NFL 11, but ones to come also.

I'll start by saying that I think that sidelines, crowds, and grass are some little details I can think of... I'm also aware that the lack of memory in the XBOX limits the developers ability to not fix the first two, but someday maybe.

Feel free to participate in the poll also. It is multiple choice so you can have a combination of things, rather than just one.

Last edited by kbigmike2121; 04-25-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 04:56 AM   #2
Pro

Re: The "Little Things" Thread

I'd consider franchise and gameplay big things.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Commentary for me. I liked Gus Johnson in NCAA Basketball 10, I hope he actually brings excitement to Madden along with Collinsworth.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Mos def franchise. It's what keeps the game interesting for me and M10, although initially promising, failed in that I couldnt play past 5-6 years. Scouting too easy, and lack of computer AI were big parts of this. My team got wayyy too good too easily. I rebuilt the lions completely in 2 years becoming a top offense and defense and taking them to the super bowl. This should neverrr happen especially since I tuned the difficulty up to ridiculous levels. I would only get a close game if I turned the difficulty up soo high that it gave the computer an unfair, and often unrealistic, advantage in game situations.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Gameplay and Franchise are the most important aspects too me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

Franchise and Presentation.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Old 04-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
Banned

1.Gameplay first and foremost

2. Franchise should be the main focus outside of gameplay

3. Menus - I hate the menus where you have to hold a button and then move the d-pad or L stick - absolutely drives me insane and they need to fix it back to PS2 days where it did not shift you back to some screen when you are trying to get something done in player management/depth chart screens

I could care less about graphics, really the players could look like I am watching TV, but if they still move like poorly programmed robots and the interactions are all messed up it does nothing for me!!!!

Presentation for me is a close 4, and really would be higher than the menus except that the menus are so far and away from being user friendly!!! They seem to have made a change in announcers (unconfirmed but likely) and that will help, but if they don't do about 50 times more recording than they did with the last guys the new announcer will get old really quickly too!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 22

GAMEPLAY!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »