Home

What was the big feature announced at the draft?

This is a discussion on What was the big feature announced at the draft? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6
What was the big feature announced at the draft?

I understand that they been letting info gradually leak out but where's the big announcements at? Locomotion is a good improvement but if you guys think about it we have a locomotion blog every year. The Co-op play went from 2 on 2 to 3 on 3. Okay thats cool but still not a must buy feature. Then the gameflow is very interesting but is a next gen version of ask Madden. So instead of it selecting a random play it'll select something that our team would do in real life in that situation. Then Gus as a new announcer. Thats cool but...

All of these features are cool but when will we really hear about something incredibly innovating? I'm like everyone else when they say they want to know what Josh Looman has done with the franchise mode. I'm pretty confident its going to be good but I need that information. I remember back in the day a Madden game would have so many tiny improvements but you never hear about them or seen them on the back of the box. It was one of things where once you played it you were like oh thats awesome. Thats a nice little touch. I feel whats been reveal thus far are those type of features. So again what was the big feature realeased on draft day??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What was the big feature announced at the draft?

There wasn't any big features announced on draft day. Those usually come during May/June when we start to see some actual games being played (down after down of football, not just gameplay footage in a trailer.)

They're gonna drag this out as long as possible so threads like these will clutter all of the forums out there. This builds the anticipation for that next big reveal, it's almost a form of marketing for them that costs nothing.

But I have a feeling we'll see something along the lines of NHL 10's Be A GM Mode. Look it up of you're not familiar with it; I hear it's actually pretty damn good.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
There wasn't any big features announced on draft day. Those usually come during May/June when we start to see some actual games being played (down after down of football, not just gameplay footage in a trailer.)

They're gonna drag this out as long as possible so threads like these will clutter all of the forums out there. This builds the anticipation for that next big reveal, it's almost a form of marketing for them that costs nothing.

But I have a feeling we'll see something along the lines of NHL 10's Be A GM Mode. Look it up of you're not familiar with it; I hear it's actually pretty damn good.
[/i]

I'll look that up!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

And let me clarify that I mean stand alone features. GameFlow is a feature within the gameplay, but as far as I know EA hasn't revealed any info about any stand alone modes. Yea we got the info for the 3v3 OTP but didn't that come from a GameStop document? Has EA said anything about the set up? Is it only skill players? Can we use lineman as well? Will it be like FIFA where people can select a locked in position and then someone can select 'ANY' where they're free to switch players and positions?

We still know nothing about Madden 11 other than a few things that will be in the game. They're giving us tidbits, we have to just be patient and see what's going on in the coming weeks.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Be a GM for anyone who doesn't know about it:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6233746.html

And again folks, obviously this is just an assumption on my part. I have no idea if anything close to this will make it into Madden. I just hope it does. And if you look at EA's track record (which so many people around here like to do in a negative way) when they introduce a mode to one game, it kind of circulates.

Madden started Superstar mode; then it was NCAA Campus Legend; FIFA got Be a Pro, and so did NHL. Why wouldn't this work the same way?

Just some food for thought.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 04-25-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Be A GM sounds pretty cool, so that could be it...because as we all no--the Online Franchise was the 'biggest news' last year (as a stand alone feature. As far as gameplay, I think GameFlow, and the new 'Dual Stick Controls' are the 'big news' (like Pro-Tak) was last year.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #7
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
Be A GM sounds pretty cool, so that could be it...because as we all no--the Online Franchise was the 'biggest news' last year (as a stand alone feature. As far as gameplay, I think GameFlow, and the new 'Dual Stick Controls' are the 'big news' (like Pro-Tak) was last year.
Yeah I forgot to add the Dual Stick Controls. But I have a feeling that there are some big things going into the game for the offline players. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
I personally thought pro-tak was the biggest thing last year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »