Home

Madden 11 New locomotion on old engine!

This is a discussion on Madden 11 New locomotion on old engine! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Madden 11 New locomotion on old engine!

Hey guys what do u think of EA Sports putting this New locomotion motion they call on Madden 11 on the same engine as madden 10. So far i seen in one of there videos that Reggie Bush stutter step is great. But wants he start running u dont see his legs moving any faster like the sutter step move in a up field motion. Just give me yall thoughts.

Last edited by SheedEV; 04-25-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden 11 New locomotion on old engine!

??? I think the locomotion is great and will add realism...?

― Plato
Old 04-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
Rookie

@canes21 i hope so because im getting tired of this madden series on the Next Gen...
Old 04-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #4
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheedEV
Hey guys what do u think of EA Sports putting this New locomotion motion they call on Madden 11 on the same engine as madden 10. So far i seen in one of there videos that Reggie Bush stutter step is great. But wants he start running u dont see his legs moving any faster like the sutter step move in a up field motion. Just give me yall thoughts.
So what do you think they should do?? What would you prefer?
Old 04-26-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I think overall it looks good. Ian has not real given us the full blown of the game as a whole yet. Once everything is planted on one disc at once. The game should look great. But for now the game is in alpha build still been tuned and tweaked. But so far it looks good. But wait until they have finished with it completely. It should be something look forward to. Can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 12:42 AM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

They didn't put a new locomotion on an old engine. People need to stop using the word 'engine', as they don't know what it means.

What you are referring too as an engine is a collection of parts. There's not just the "madden engine", there's a different "engine" for pretty much every aspect of the game... run blocking, pass blocking, locomotion, graphics, audio, etc..

So they didn't put locomotion into the engine, they ripped out the entire locomotion engine and rewrote it. You want a "new Madden engine"? This is how you're gonna get it... piece by piece, one year at a time. Sections of the engine get torn out and rebuilt and replaced. Last year they tried their hand at simply adjusting what was already there and didn't get the results they wanted (in particular locomotion-wise), this year they totally replaced it.

I can't think of a better way to do it, actually. People have been wanting EA to "take a year off and rebuild the engine"... well, they do it piecemeal, they don't have to take a year off, and we get the same result.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:50 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

Yeah the stutter step is nice for like half a second and then he goes back to running like the terminator. I'm not sold on the new locomotion. Sounds like pro-tak to me.

It'll get the ooooooohs and ahhhhhhhhs until you actually play the game and realize its the same thing. That footage screamed Madden 10 to me.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:32 AM   #8
Rookie

@lgxjames i think they should just get some real NFL players to really come do there animations and things like that.They have the QB's throwing signatures but not any of great running styles.
@adembroski i hear what u saying you making some good points. I think they just stop selling use parts of the game. They could have patched the catching tunning easily now they selling use that lol...

Thanks everyone else for your comments......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »