Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #57
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Not to mention that if all this info can be translated into how the CPU plays...

People just need a "Strategy Pad"
Yea, that's another point I was gonna talk about but i guess my mind wandered off writing that. The CPU wil not play like the CPU but rather like the NFL team it has control of. This also makes Franchise mode different every week because you have to know actual football tendencies and how teams run their offense/defense IRL.

I hope that the hiring of a new Head coach or O.C/D.C actually effects the gameplan in a sense that you run a different offense with a different coach, and a different O.C/D.C would call plays much differently from oneanother.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
they have an upgraded A.I (O.C) call a play
Quote:
what plays the cpu (O.C) calls
Semantics, IMHO. To me, you just described a more robust, customizable "Ask Madden" at its core. Any time the cpu is choosing the play for me in-game, it's "Ask Madden"--I'm just defining the parameters.

If Gameflow is being used to choose plays for my cpu opponent, great! I can see how that would be advantageous.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #59
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

I do not know if this has been ask already, sorry if it has, did you notice interference calls while the ball was in the air? last years version I don't think I never notice OPI, is it called often, DPI that is, any new rules that we hear on Sundays that were not in the game before?
Old 04-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #60
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Semantics, IMHO. To me, you just described a more robust, customizable "Ask Madden" at its core. Any time the cpu is choosing the play for me in-game, it's "Ask Madden"--I'm just defining the parameters.

If Gameflow is being used to choose plays for my cpu opponent, great! I can see how that would be advantageous.
Well Ask Madden was kinda random, in clutch situations it would tell me to kick a field goal from my 40 yrd line, when im down by 3, knowing that I could never hit it.

Gameflow actually takes into account the real factors that an offennsive coordinator would take into account, while using the actual plays the offensive coordinator would call. So I see it as much more than an ask Madden, more like an "Ask the Coordinator based on plays that we know how to execute and run because that's what real teams do."
Old 04-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Well Ask Madden was kinda random, in clutch situations it would tell me to kick a field goal from my 40 yrd line, when im down by 3, knowing that I could never hit it.

Gameflow actually takes into account the real factors that an offennsive coordinator would take into account, while using the actual plays the offensive coordinator would call. So I see it as much more than an ask Madden, more like an "Ask the Coordinator based on plays that we know how to execute and run because that's what real teams do."
Noted. But how does that differ from you acting as the coordinator yourself? Do you just like the idea of the play chosen for you?

(Not looking to debate or argue or anything, just trying to understand the appeal.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #62
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Noted. But how does that differ from you acting as the coordinator yourself? Do you just like the idea of the play chosen for you?

(Not looking to debate or argue or anything, just trying to understand the appeal.)
I think it differs because I'm not spending time in the menus and I can focus on just thinking about execution, like real QB's do.

I just like the idea because every year I search through about every team playbook and find that perfect playbook for me (Minnesota this year) and I always go into every online game with a mental gameplan (or know what plays I wanna call, and when) but sometimes I take so much time scrolling through formations I end up choosing only like the same 4-6 plays because I can't remember exactly where they are or i'll forget about one of my good plays, because i don't want the accelerated clock get to low so I can read the D.

With gameplan I feel like I can put my plays in and have the my coordinator call the plays when I would usually call them but without the fumbling and bumbling thru the playbook at a fast pace, I like that thers no playcall screen just all on field and cut scenes and i can just play naturally and focus on execution.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #63
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

For we regular Madden players, the only thing i've heard of that MAY be worth looking at is locomotion. I can't see how a company so large and succesfull, thanks to us, can make so few and little changes with soooo much feedback. I can't wait for June 1st!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

That preview wasn't that well written in my opinion. He didn't talk about anything but gameflow.

Thats a casual gamer if there ever was one. Doesn't even notice a difference in player movement, new equipment, pretty much none of the intricasies of the game. Epitomy of a casual gamer.

Doesn't really sound like he's really into sports games at all. No details in the article whatsoever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »