Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Gamespot) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Gamespot)

Gamespot has posted their hands-on impressions of Madden NFL 11.

Quote:
"Other noticeable changes in Madden include a new kicking meter and increased use of the d-pad. Instead of using the right stick to kick, you'll have a horizontal meter that appears on screen. After aiming your direction arrow, you press a button to set a cursor in motion on the meter, hit the button one the cursor is on the right side of the meter to gauge power, and hit the button a final time once the cursor returns to gauge accuracy. Last year's kicking meter didn't really bother me, so I'm not exactly sure why it's been revamped but I didn't miss any kicks with the new system, so it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Gamespot)

going to read all 3 articles now..thanks mang!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
MVP

HMM new kicking meter and D-pad utilization.

Quote:
Other noticeable changes in Madden include a new kicking meter and increased use of the d-pad. Instead of using the right stick to kick, you'll have a horizontal meter that appears on screen. After aiming your direction arrow, you press a button to set a cursor in motion on the meter, hit the button one the cursor is on the right side of the meter to gauge power, and hit the button a final time once the cursor returns to gauge accuracy. Last year's kicking meter didn't really bother me, so I'm not exactly sure why it's been revamped but I didn't miss any kicks with the new system, so it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.
As for the d-pad, it's been re-dubbed the "strategy pad" and is used for all of the pre-snap strategic decisions you made in previous Maddens with the left and right bumpers (or the L1/R1 buttons on the PS3 controller). You'll still have all the options you'll need for things like line shifts, squeezes, and blitz shows, you'll just need a few plays to get acclimated to the new control system.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

That's nice to see a revamp in the kicking meter, should make kicking more difficult and nerve racking on pressure situations. Exactly what we need!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

NEW KICKING METER!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

New kicking meter AND removal of the "SPRINT" button!!! There is not one thing about Madden that I have heard this year that I dont like. These are both huge additions as well!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
removal of the "SPRINT" button!!!
Sprint button is still there dude...
Old 04-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #8
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

No, they said in one of the other new articles, that it's been "scrapped" and all running control is mapped to the right stick.

Just to raise conversation, how exactly will defense work? Will it have right stick controls too, or will it have sprint button? I am confused.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »