Home

350,000 Played Madden NFL 10 Online Once, Then Never Went Online Again

This is a discussion on 350,000 Played Madden NFL 10 Online Once, Then Never Went Online Again within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #81
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: 350,000 Played Madden NFL 10 Online Once, Then Never Went Online Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I play a mixture of random folks with mics and friends. If you want to play random online folks you need to find someone with a mic. People are not as cheesy when you're actually conversing with them and they can't hide behind the screen.

As for you guys who are against online and only play offline, sorry to say but that's the future, you will have to accept that sooner or later. It reminds me of guys who only played Madden with the digital pad and railed against the analog stick...
I have to agree with ODogg on this one! I too get discouraged when I run into someone who cheeses or DC's during the middle of the game. For the most part once I play a game against someone who is a 'Sim' guy I send an immediate friend request so we can play again at some point. If all else fails I usually look at a guy's DC% and will only play guys 10% and below. So you learn to build some relationships with guys online that play your style of ball.

As much as some of you try to fight it online gaming is the way of the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #82
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Seems a lot of people would go online simply for the roster updates.
thats what i do...i played 3 games online against a friend and never played again...

i just found it boring...
Old 04-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Sounds like your friend is boring more like it, LOL
Old 04-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #84
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
I have to agree with ODogg on this one! I too get discouraged when I run into someone who cheeses or DC's during the middle of the game. For the most part once I play a game against someone who is a 'Sim' guy I send an immediate friend request so we can play again at some point. If all else fails I usually look at a guy's DC% and will only play guys 10% and below. So you learn to build some relationships with guys online that play your style of ball.

Online gaming isn't the way of the future, it's the way of the right now.

In my youth I would travel to friend's houses or they would come to mine, or I would play my family members, and we would play game after game of Madden. Between going to school full time and working full time, who has time to do that? I know I don't.

People are complaining about playing people online. Do you have friends that you play offline? What is stopping you from playing against them online? You don't have to leave your house. You have your own screen and you don't have to worry about someone stealing plays or looking at your play art. It is just so much better than playing offline.

If you have friends that have the game and have internet, I don't see why in the world you would want to play offline. Even if you don't have friends that Madden, you're on OS. If you don't want to play cheesers, there are plenty of people on here that you could swap screen names with and play.

I played exactly zero online games of Madden 10, but it has nothing to do with the online experience and everything to do with the game itself. I am a huge online gamer and rarely buy a game that doesn't have an online component. Again, I think these numbers point are more commentary on the quality of the game itself, as cheesers and lag have always been there. To think it's anything else, I just don't see how you could make that claim.

This wasn't directed towards you Rashad. Just using your response as an example.

Last edited by Only1LT; 04-27-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #85
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19

Evidently, it's not. It simply isn't catching on and EA are trying to use gimmicks (even though I don't think its the appropriate word for Gameflow) to try to get people to stay online.

Watching a football game is an investment. I would figure that playing one would be an investment as well. Instead of catering to longtime fans and NFL maniacs with the ability to lead their team to glory, their focus is in another direction.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #86
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I am in the monority because I enjoyed my online experience both online franchise and random opponents. I love beating cheese with sim solutions.
Except that never happens. I tried that style before and they always just quit. That's no fun.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #87
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Evidently, it's not. It simply isn't catching on and EA are trying to use gimmicks (even though I don't think its the appropriate word for Gameflow) to try to get people to stay online.

Watching a football game is an investment. I would figure that playing one would be an investment as well. Instead of catering to longtime fans and NFL maniacs with the ability to lead their team to glory, their focus is in another direction.
I know you meant this comment in the context of Madden, but let's not go overboard here. One of the biggest selling games of all time was Modern Warfare 2. Yes I know that it is listed as THE best selling game of all time, but they use the total dollar amount as the measuring stick and since games cost more than they used to, it actually didn't sell as many copies as some older, less expensive games. Kind of like how Avatar has the top box office title without them factoring in increased ticket prices and the fact that IMAX 3D is even more than a regular movie ticket today, but I digress.

The fact is that most top games today have competitive online at the forefront. Don't confuse these numbers with people not caring about playing Madden online. Plenty do. Even more would if Madden was a better game, so I don't think that they are focusing attention in the wrong area. Like it or not, online is where it is at. Period.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 12

as frustrating as online play is, it beats playing boring games against the computer IMO. Maybe its just me, but as a grown man i don't have time to make play dates with my buddies and travel to their home's to play madden. however i do have an hour here or there to play my boys in an online match.

For me if there was no online component to Madden I would have no use for this game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »