Home

350,000 Played Madden NFL 10 Online Once, Then Never Went Online Again

This is a discussion on 350,000 Played Madden NFL 10 Online Once, Then Never Went Online Again within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: 350,000 Played Madden NFL 10 Online Once, Then Never Went Online Again

Playing competatively (ie, against real opponents) is not fun for anybody who likes to play a football game like how it is played in real life. There is very little risk online for playing uncharacteristic of an NFL team... in real life, if a coach calls 4 consecutive hail marys, and they all land incomplete or get intercepted, the coach is fired. In Madden, not only is there no risk, but the reward often outweighs the risk.. one of those will be caught and one of those will turn into a touch down (maybe this doesn't happen anymore, but it still applies to the other over-used plays like screens in M'10). It's the same with unconventional playcalling in the 4th quarter, and simply taking the ability away from gamers doesn't make sense, but the lack of penalty or punishment for unconventional all reward no risk play takes away from the online component of football games.

Additionally, games simply take too long online. I don't like being in a 1 on 1 chat room with somebody for 50 minutes... having to make passive small talk if we're both on the mic... It is intensely awkward.

NCAA used to allow you to play the OT Drill mode online, and the mode was tons of fun. It'd take anywhere from 5 - 15 minutes and you'd get in a quick game. If Madden could implement an online mode that didn't take such a time committment, I'd like it.

Additionally, there are few ways to have semi-competative fun with friends. The Madden Ultimate Team mode was something that had the ability to be a blast playing with friends, but the Madden crew totally didn't think the whole mode through and you couldn't play against your friends with the mode... it was ridiculous, the one mode that would be the most fun to play with your friends, building a team and having a unique experience... barred you from playing with friends. I wrote about this topic here and how the mode could easily be improved and include that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #106
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11

Count me as one of those 350,000. For me, none of my friends like Madden and I simply refuse to play with someone I don't know. I despise the way people run screen passes all game just to pick up a "W." It's the nature of online play, people don't care HOW they win so what would interest me in playing a guy who practically cheats to win? It's simply not appealing to me. With that being said, I LOVE to play with my friends who actually run a variety of plays.....but for that we play NCAA.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 5

I tried once and the person ran the same defensive and offensive play EVERY down without exception. Some people might find that fun but I'd rather play someone with half a brain.

Also, I usually only went on to get the roster so I don't know if these numbers factor that in or not but it could cause inflation in the 350,000.

I'm an offline franchise guy but I doubt they'll even have a franchise mode in 2011 so.....
Old 02-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #108
Banned

OVR: 0
the numbers for people who play 11 online and then never play online again must be horrendous... like 750,000 then b/c all it does is lag and freeze and i'm not even going to get into all the problems with it if u do somehow manage to be able to finish a whole game with out it freezing... i thought madden 10 was great i love playing it online and will continue to until 12 comes out and hope i like it.. 11 i CAN NOT stand!!!11 should be10 with the pretty graphics , 2 feet in bounds, if u get quit on u get the win instead of having to finish against the comp that 11 has... i don't know how the 2 are so different and i prefer madden 10
Old 02-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #109
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm closing this. It's 6 months old.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »