Home

Defensive Ends and OLB's

This is a discussion on Defensive Ends and OLB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Defensive Ends and OLB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Hey LBzrule,
Could you repost your BnR thread out here so people can see how the WRs should be releasing to beat the bump?
I'll dig it up, I think I posted it in NCAA forum. Can't remember. Let me head home first though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #26
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Great thread, EA needs to address this ASAP, along with fixing the blocking in general.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #27
Rookie

TheFuture94's Arena

OVR: 5

Good job man. Ian and Co. has to address this aswell as the O-line blocking, awareness and animations. You can see in this vid how the O-lineman don't kickback in pass protection like you see them do in real life and there is some guys looking like they don't know who to block which is something you should only see in bad linemen and the Jets has the best in the league.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
While all of that is true, we need a simple solution. And that solution would be to give the user the call. Maybe they can add it to game flow I don't know. So on 3rd and 8 you tell your DE's to peel their ears back and go. They have to address this vs the way it is right now. We need more options than the way it is right now. And yes, off tackle runs would be money. That's the point. A guy can't be responsible for 3 things at once. That's the problem with the game now. They try to make 1 guy do multiple things at the same time and things that should be there for the taking are not.
I just dont want running the arch to be arbitrary because you and I both kno that even Dwight Freeney is not always running the arch.

Giving the player the ability to decide will add great depth and strategy to the game
NHL- Blackhawks
Soccer- Eh
Old 04-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #29
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture94
Good job man. Ian and Co. has to address this aswell as the O-line blocking, awareness and animations. You can see in this vid how the O-lineman don't kickback in pass protection like you see them do in real life and there is some guys looking like they don't know who to block which is something you should only see in bad linemen and the Jets has the best in the league.
The "kickback" is what is needed to counter the DE/LB rushing upfield properly. The OTs will have to get deeper, quicker (much like Madden 11).
Old 04-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #30
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
This is a definate need to be able to form a complete pass rush/complete pocket this needs to be installed...correct A.I. or correct playarts...whatever you need to do...DO IT!!!we need this badly...and when you do add this make sure the DE's run the arc like LBzrule showed...don't make the DE's bend back in early...let them run a full semi-circle before they engage with the OT's...and for the DT's make sure they're pushing the pocket in towards the QB's...non of that ballerina stuff plz...and what I mean by ballerina is the PMV (power moves) and FMV (finesse moves) right now they don't do much for DT's...but if you combine STR (strength) and PMV you could have a situation where the DT's just push the pocket...i don't wanna see any spinning and such from the DT's...just leave that up to the DE's...DT's make them push the OL back in the pocket...if I can I'll post a video showing what I'm talking about

And to add onto what LBzrule is getting at here's a view of how DT's should push the pocket and how a bullrush should be executed properly

Old 04-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 8

We ea needs out of the community to put this into the game... 100 pages.. We'll do it.. Put this in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 16

There really needs to be a puch up the middle. The problem is that the DT will engaged and then there moves are so low they can't get to QB. But if they where simply there to puch the pocket they possiblay xould get a coverage sack or a sack from the QB having to step up in the pocket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »