Home

The Turbo Option

This is a discussion on The Turbo Option within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
The Turbo Option

Most know by now that the turbo button now has an option to be turned off or on. I personally will most likely p;lay with it off. I don't need another button to make my player reach his maximum speed. When using the thumbsticks, I should be controlling my player's speed. Pushing all the way up should result in a sprint while a 3/4th hold should make it easier to cut and change directions.

I hope thats the route EA has taken. If so, then I will definitely be playing with this off.

Another thing I was wanting to talk about regarding this option is online games/ franchises. When joining a lobby or quick game, will we be forced to use on option over the other? Or will there be different lobbies like Beginner: Sprint Button On and a Beginner: Sprint Button Off? I hope we get different lobbies. I also hope that when joining a quick game it allows us to pick options. For example, you press A to start a quick game and then the following menu pops up...

Sprint Button Option - On/Off
GameFlow On/Off

This would make the game more enjoyable online. Also, if they don't have separate lobbies, maybe when inviting somebody to play a ranked game, we get that menu again.

Also, when creating online franchises, should we have the options to force players to use GameFlow or the Sprint Button. For example, when making a Online Franchise, maybe this menu comes up

Sprint Button Option - On/Off/User Preference
GameFlow - On/Off/User Preference

The on option would force players to use the Sprint Button and GameFlow, the off would do the opposite. The User Preference option would allow players to play how they want individually instead of forcing the whole group of players to follow on play style.

Thoughts, feedback?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Turbo Option

Hopefully, the turbo button will be turned off in online games.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I love it and I would imagine that MOST (not all) of the people who have played the NHL series will agree.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Can't believe they took out the turbo option... never thought the day would come!

GREAT news... NHL is a prime example of that.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

I love the idea of removing turbo, and yes I've played NHL and it just feels right

Good move by the Madden team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
I love the idea of removing turbo, and yes I've played NHL and it just feels right

Good move by the Madden team
If they leave this off by default I'd be shocked.... but what awesome news...
Old 04-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

Canes you are a simmer just like alot of us so you know we're happy to have the turbo button off so the players use their ratings. I absolutely love it.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I love it and I would imagine that MOST (not all) of the people who have played the NHL series will agree.

Hockey is a completely different demon, less players, more fluid inherently in its movement - it may work great in a hockey game but this idea is friggin dumb for a football game!

Especially because the sticks are not nearly "stiff/responsive" enough to pull this off.

The "sprint" should have been reworked right along with this "new" locomotion engine and tuned to operate within the spd/ACC model with the acc curve charts they are using!

Running without the sprint should put you on an ACC curve that tops out at 88-92 percent of top speed, "getting on the juice" or holding the "sprint" button should (within the ratings) ACC your player to top speed (again within the model they are using and the ratings of the player).

Giving up control to the CPU to decide or relying on the crappy analog sticks on this gen of consoles is like using hemorrhoid cream to make your skin tighter - it might look effective but you will still be a loose chunky fat man when it wears off!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »