Home

My attempt at cleaning up the mess that is Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on My attempt at cleaning up the mess that is Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2010, 01:17 PM   #33
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: My attempt at cleaning up the mess that is Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastwork
i wasn't making a comment on Dez Bryant's character at all. I know nothing about him or his story. I have just heard the recent stories about how the Miamia front office was asking Dez all types of crazy questions about his mother.

I just thought it would be cool to add another layer to estimating a player's potential in franchise mode.
In that case there would have to be a team chemistry factor as well as you picking a bad apple really affecting the team. Thats the only way something like that would work. What would be the point if the player you draft has "character issues" but you draft him anyway and play the game as you normally do...? It would have to affect the team somehow. Or if its a receiver have him give up on his some of his routes. There's many dynamics that they could do to make this a success.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #34
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

i honestly think that EA should allow the fans to program madden. clearly we have better ideas then them lol. but in all seriousness great post. Ian should really look at this as the building block for franchise for madden 12. what your asking though in terms of customization and the draft is frankly not hard at all. games that go as early back as all star baseball 2004 had an amazing expansion team setup. and the customization settings from backbreaker look fantastic. I personally think Potential should be removed from the game all together. go back to the way it was in madden 2005 where a players season stats determined whether their attributes increased or decreased.

on a side note in my imaginary game world. EA sports and 2k sports have combined to form a mega company releasing Popular titles such as Madden NFL 2k11 and MVP Baseball 2k10

Old 04-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 12

well that's taking it a step further than I was thinking. I'm simply saying instead of franchise mode providing bullet points on each player, you would have to uncover some these things in the course of a short interview. The interview would help you determine how the "individual" would develop. I guess the next step would be "how does this player affect the overall team". I'm not sure madden is ready for that yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #36
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

i think this thread should be stickied...
threads like these with well thought out ideas and respectfully worded constructive criticism need to be rewarded while trolling threads are banned to discourage some of those terrible posts... i just read through 4+ pages and have not seen one shot at ian or any of the madden crew and the thoughts are very well worded and intelligent...

three thumbs up for this thread!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

yes all good ideas, I might buy madden again if this happen
http://twitter.com/AndyWestond < Its amazing how boring I am..
Old 04-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #38
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

thumbs up!!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #39
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Who else feels llike potential plays WAY too big of a part in progression? All these 1st rounders this year will come in presumably with A potential, like last year, and in 5 years theyll almost all be in the 90s. There were way too many players rated in the 90s 5-6 years into franchise modee than there were at the start. I think this is also due to the fact that players didn't regress proportionately.

Additionally, if I have a rookie RB rated 70 w/C potential, I put him in the right scheme with the right coaches and I make a pro bowl...WHY SHOULDNT he progress into the high 80s/90s??? This is how Donny would adjust his ratings after a year, so why can't Madden do the same? Potential is a garbage rating for most players...and shouldn't dictate progression NEARLY as much as it does (nor should it be set in stone).
Old 04-29-2010, 06:17 PM   #40
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I think the different coaches should have different potential ratings and the style of offense or defense you run and the players success in them affect the progression.

Say there's a deep threat WR who isn't that good at quick slants and he's in a WC offense with a QB that never throws more than 15 yards he wouldn't progress much.

A HC/OC that's known as a QB developer can turn project QBs into stars. Likewise a team like Denver could turn almost any RB into a star.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »