Home

GameFlow in Offline Franchise Question

This is a discussion on GameFlow in Offline Franchise Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
GameFlow in Offline Franchise Question

Can we set up Game-flow game plans in franchise mode weekly?
I would find this VERY intriguing. a few examples

This upcoming week i play the colts. Indy's RT is injured and the backup is a 52 Ovr. I want to set a game plan specifically to target that weak side of the line the majority of the passing downs.

The following week i play the Viqueens who have 2 elite DT's and a weak FS, so i want to set up the majority of my runs to the outside and deep passes towards that FS.

If we can do the game-flow editing in the franchise screen menu and be able to use it in practice mode than this is a feature i could find my self using exclusively.

SO...Can we use it in Franchise mode???
Old 04-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: GameFlow in Offline Franchise Question

From IGN HAnds on:

Quote:
"Much like real NFL teams, players will now have the ability to prepare their playbooks each and every week throughout a season. If you're facing the Packers in Week 2, chances are you're not going to load up on running plays for use on third and short thanks to their tough run defense"
Quote:
"Not only does GameFlow allow players to move quickly through a game, but it also gives new weight and importance to the coaches you hire. This is probably what has me most excited about GameFlow. For the longest time your offensive and defensive coordinator hiring practices didn't amount to much. Now those coaches will be responsible for picking the plays on their respective sides of the ball. If you pick a guy who loves to air it out, chances are he could call a play action pass when it was a sweep to the right that would've gotten you the first down"
Old 04-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

AWESOME!! This is great.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 04-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

That is nice... now for great CPU logic in player management.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:52 PM   #5
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Thanks NoTiCe_O, I haven't had time to read all of those impressions yet but that's GREAT news!!. Finally were getting somewhere with the X's & O's side of football. Maybe I'm over speculating but the possibilities seem endless in regards to the different scenarios you can create.

say I'm playing a team with a really slow RT so i might just throw in a few more SS and CB blitzes than i normally would.

This could be good folks!!

but....

They also told us that in M10, teams would really play like their real life counter part than adjust their scheme's as seasons progressed. maybe it did to some extent but none that i could ever notice enough to make me feel like i'm playing a different team every week. Also seeing teams running the 3-4 defense signing 230lb DE's. That really has to be fixed in order for this to be fun and keep the game fresh.

Last edited by PlatooN; 04-26-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #6
Rookie

Zuke's Arena

OVR: 6

i dont want this for online franchise but off would be ok.
We already have to feal with people who call the same plays this will just make it so they have like 5 money plays that they call over and over. That is not fun at all.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

Yea Falzon exactly. The more I read about Gameflow, the more I get excited. How many months do we have left? *sigh*
Old 04-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #8
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
Thanks NoTiCe_O, I haven't had time to read all of those impressions yet but that's GREAT news!!. Finally were getting somewhere with the X's & O's side of football. Maybe I'm over speculating but the possibilities seem endless in regards to the different scenarios you can create.

say I'm playing a team with a really slow RT so i might just throw in a few more SS and CB blitzes than i normally would.

This could be good folks!!

but....

They also told us that in M10, teams would really play like their real life counter part than adjust their scheme's as seasons progressed. maybe it did to some extent but none that i could ever notice enough to make me feel like i'm playing a different team every week. Also seeing teams running the 3-4 defense signing 230lb DE's. That really has to be fixed in order for this to be fun and keep the game fresh.
No prob man, but yea the possibilities to seem good. I was all for gameflow as soon as i heard about it. It seems to be getting better with every article I read.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »