Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Simpler, Quicker, Deeper

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Simpler, Quicker, Deeper within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Simpler, Quicker, Deeper

WTF @ THE LAME *** CUTSCENES lol...Still unchanged...

WTF @ 2:45..Looks like the entire team has to take a S***...

I think IAN wasn't talking because he knows the big wigs made a bad decision on some of the features for this year. People who buy Madden understand the concept of football EA!!! WE ARE NOT FOOLS!

Last edited by djordan; 04-27-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

that was pure marketing hype, and I don't think he wanted part of that. He knows how he is looked at from that perspective and doesn't the forums to call him something he knows he's not.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

Is gameflow similar to the ask madden feature, except your cpu offensive coordinator would be calling the plays? I had to laugh when he mentioned that the Saints called 9 passes in a row for him. Couldn't the ask madden feature call 9 plays in a row for you as well, or will this be more detailed somehow?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #12
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
They seem to really believe that the casual, doesn't-understand-basic-football-strategy type player is their bread and butter audience. It's disturbing to hear this. Are Madden gamers seriously burdened by learning the intricacies of the sport? I don't know if I buy this. It may be true, I don't know.

Are less experienced gamers really the target here? Why create a simulation game if that is your audience? This interview sounds disjointed. I really like the concept of Gameflow but it sounds like they think their core audience is not interested in the nuts and bolts of football and only follow the game superficially.

I want doritos for some reason too.
It's not that, it's that right now Madden isn't getting many new players, because the cost of entry is so high. It's one thing for people like us on OS, as we've been playing the game since genesis days and have grown with it, but it's another thing altogether for someone who is just trying to get into Madden.

Accessibility is a huge buzzword in the games industry these days, as there are many many games now that have toned down difficulty in order to make the game more accessible. The most recent example is the new Splinter Cell game. Sometimes this pays off for the longtime follower, sometimes it doesn't. Regardless, as long as I still have the option to play the game with the depth and challenge it has provided to me for almost 20 years, I really don't care about the other things. Madden Trainer? Used it once just to check it out. Gameflow? I might do the same, except being able to tailor your gameplan and customize it might make that feature very cool.

You guys have to remember that there are maybe 6 to 700 people on this board at the highest peak time (the day of and days after release). Madden sells 6 million copies per year. The hardcore online community is a drop in the bucket compared to where A) the audience already is and B) where EA wants the audience to be.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 14

So Pierre Thomas scores a TD in the super bowl and no one comes up and celebrates with him? Seems a little odd
Old 04-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #14
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

ugh....they're still using that God awful Broadcast camera.............that thing doesn't look a thing like a true NFL broadcast

This is how its done

2k was always better then Maddens but EAs last gen stuff was still boat loads better then the camera they added last year for Demo Mode

Im not even one of those HC type players.....I wanna play with the sticks an do all juking/spinning/tackling........but even I would sit down every now and then and watch a game or two with that type of TV style presentation

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 20
I wish my whole team would celebrate like the player who scored. Or show some emotion. Not just the scorer. Everyone else jogs of the field like like a bad play just happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
ugh....they're still using that God awful Broadcast camera.............that thing doesn't look a thing like a true NFL broadcast

This is how its done

Its stunning how well 2k5's presentation holds up against ANY current gen sports game out. Every cut scene and camera angle sync beautifully in that video. I still don't know how they did it. Madden's presentation isn't bad, it's just that 2k did it so well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »