Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Gameflow. Gameplanning. Locomotion.

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Gameflow. Gameplanning. Locomotion. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #41
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Gameflow. Gameplanning. Locomotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Pop in Madden 07, and then Madden 09 or 10 and you should be able to see what I'm talking about. Or put in APF2K8 and see how fluid the animations are rendered. If those aren't a possibility, then go to a replay in Madden 10 and play it very slow and you'll see how fluid the animations are compared to the game. Seems the rendering problems are easier for 2K gamers to pick out as they are more used to the fluid rendering of the animations.
I remember how smooth the animations were in Madden 07. They even had the signature running styles in it. I liked the player models better for that version too.

People call me crazy all the time, but Madden 07 on the PS3 (the PS3 version came out later than the 360 version and it had some extra features like gang tackling that the 360 version didn't so that's why I am saying the PS3 version specifically) was probably my favorite Madden of all time. It is also the only Madden to date, besides Madden 99, where you could actually throw passes over a defenders head like you should. If you had a couple steps on a defender in those 2 games and you were running a fly pattern, there was very little chance that the defender was going to leap into the air and swat the ball away from behind. That is how it SHOULD be.

Yes you could throw bombs too easily in that game, but that was because the defensive AI was ********, and also because you threw a perfect pass on just about every throw. If they would make you throw the ball out of bounds or over and under throw the receiver much more on deep passes, and improve the AI, then you wouldn't need your DB to be able to leap that high and knock down passes while trailing an open receiver, which NEVER happens in real life, unless the ball is badly under thrown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_g
Damn, calm down. It is not in there YET, but it HAS been confirmed that it will be in the game. So just chill...
yeah let me get that link too...
Old 04-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #43
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_g
Damn, calm down. It is not in there YET, but it HAS been confirmed that it will be in the game. So just chill...
Quote:
Really. Where?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Link?
I don't have a link either, but I definitely do remember them saying that there is an animation where the runner puts his hand on the O-Lineman's back.

Now just because they said it doesn't mean that it will definitely be in the game, or that it will trigger properly, but he is 100% right when he says that one of the developers said that it was in the game. Now that I think about it, it might have been said in the locomotion live chat.

Too lazy to look, but they did say it.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Pop in Madden 07, and then Madden 09 or 10 and you should be able to see what I'm talking about. Or put in APF2K8 and see how fluid the animations are rendered. If those aren't a possibility, then go to a replay in Madden 10 and play it very slow and you'll see how fluid the animations are compared to the game. Seems the rendering problems are easier for 2K gamers to pick out as they are more used to the fluid rendering of the animations.
You make it like 2k gamers are part of an elite club. I've played 2k games before and I've played a variety of other more recent higher budget games. I don't need to be a "2k gamer" to determine whether or not I think it's fluid or not. Especially when MLB2k10 and most recent 2k games are a jittery mess.

Judge the game on its merits don't bring irrelevent issues into it.

I'm talking about 11. Not 10. I see the issues with 10.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I don't have a link either, but I definitely do remember them saying that there is an animation where the runner puts his hand on the O-Lineman's back.

Now just because they said it doesn't mean that it will definitely be in the game, or that it will trigger properly, but he is 100% right when he says that one of the developers said that it was in the game. Now that I think about it, it might have been said in the locomotion live chat.

http://maddennfl.easports.com/livechat.action
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT

I remember seeing it in an NCAA video so maybe that's why you think it is in Madden and it would be logical for something to be in NCAA to be in Madden, but you never know.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #47
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
You make it like 2k gamers are part of an elite club. I've played 2k games before and I've played a variety of other more recent higher budget games. I don't need to be a "2k gamer" to determine whether or not I think it's fluid or not. Especially when MLB2k10 and most recent 2k games are a jittery mess.

Judge the game on its merits don't bring irrelevent issues into it.

I'm talking about 11. Not 10. I see the issues with 10.

don't let Valderez get to you...he's essentially a troll.....he'll be in here until august looking to pick arguements daily. just look at his twitter account.

i've added him to my ignore list
Old 04-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #48
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
don't let Valderez get to you...he's essentially a troll.....he'll be in here until august looking to pick arguements daily. just look at his twitter account.

i've added him to my ignore list
As soon as you start picking on individual posters in this manner I'll be sure to enforce the TOS and you'll lose access to these forums

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »