Home

Running behind Offensive Line (Animation)

This is a discussion on Running behind Offensive Line (Animation) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Running behind Offensive Line (Animation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
This reminds me of another point that really irritates me. Now it really isn' maybe that important, but I hate when I score a TD and my player pulls a "Mind Freak" and walks through the the wall in the back of the endzone!

Would it really be that hard, considering when you throw the ball out of the endzone it hits an imaginary wall, to make the wall "solid" back there?

And this reminds me of something else, what happened to "user controlled" celebrations where each different button was a different celebration???

Back on topic, 2k had that arm out, choppy steps deal on dreamcast, so why doesn't EA get it right on this gen??? I never really played the 2k series after 2k1 for dreamcast because all my friends were playing Madden, but I still miss some of the little details that game had and that was essentially 2 console gens ago.

I've done programming myself before in the past, and although not at the level of a full Madden sim game, collision detection isn't too terribly difficult. There is some geometry and physics involved though. For programmers that build to the caliber of something like Madden, it should be cake.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
I've done programming myself before in the past, and although not at the level of a full Madden sim game, collision detection isn't too terribly difficult. There is some geometry and physics involved though. For programmers that build to the caliber of something like Madden, it should be cake.

Cool, so there is hope that will get fixed, maybe, someday, down the road!!!

JK, at least it seems it can be fixed, not that it is a big deal - it does irritate me, but in regards to some other stuff it is minor.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #35
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeTbT...eature=related

I been searching all over youtube for this, I hated madden 08 but I did remeber running backs boucing off, and pushing off lineman just skip to 1:29, I'm not sure if Ian even post here any more for avious reasons but it would be cool if they could dig into there database bring this back. hopefully someone can emb for me lol internet explorer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #36
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeTbT...eature=related

I been searching all over youtube for this, I hated madden 08 but I did remeber running backs boucing off, and pushing off lineman just skip to 1:29, I'm not sure if Ian even post here any more for avious reasons but it would be cool if they could dig into there database bring this back. hopefully someone can emb for me lol internet explorer.
NCAA '08 had that animation as well. was removed for '09 and wasn't back in 10 either. looks like it may be back for NCAA 11 though(only seen in 1 video that I know of)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »