Home

Are you willing to PAY for Roster updates??

This is a discussion on Are you willing to PAY for Roster updates?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #25
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Are you willing to PAY for Roster updates??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowatipleaz
Were pretty much going to pay for the updated rosters when M11 comes out since there isn't a real significant update from M10 besides the rosters... So either way were stuck paying $60 for the same game but just new rosters. My opinion..
Ah yes, the old 'Madden is just a roster update' ... which has never been true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

No way. I play franchise, so my league is full of fictional players before long anyway. I have never even used a roster update.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
No way. I play franchise, so my league is full of fictional players before long anyway. I have never even used a roster update.
I have never gotten that far in a franchise from the time it 1st was put into madden. I usually only make it to like year 4-5 (farthest i have ever gone was year 12 in madden 05) then i just start over. I hate when teams start to have more fictional than actual players.

Thats whats great about franchise...everyone plays a bit differant.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #28
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I have never gotten that far in a franchise from the time it 1st was put into madden. I usually only make it to like year 4-5 (farthest i have ever gone was year 12 in madden 05) then i just start over. I hate when teams start to have more fictional than actual players.

Thats whats great about franchise...everyone plays a bit differant.
What would it take for you to care about them? I think more effort to surface stats in your own division and the league, would make them more meaningful. Dedicate a box on the main franchise screen to house a variety of stats like the leaders in each meaningful category in both the division/conference/league. They do this somewhat at the beginning of games when they show 2 players like RBs and their stats for the current season.

I like building my team via the draft, but I do think there could be ways to see the success of other teams more than just encountering them in the playoffs. This is also why I don't think a draft-time roster update is a very good idea, it'd have to be a draft class or something to be meaningful to many people still playing.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #29
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

No. Not if its not a 2-yr cycle.

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Old 04-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #30
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm for it, but I don't know if I'd pay for it. I'm all about the company offering more things, even if they're charging for it--they have to make money... I don't know why some people get so upset about things like this. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Simple.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 12
i think the concern is that a precedent will be set. worst case scenario is that companies really start to cripple games, and force you into a DLC purchase. DLC is not the devil lol, not yet at least.

madden already has ventured in those murky waters with the online franchise nonsense. DLC used in this manner could actually be a good tool to eliminate used game purchases and sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #32
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10

It would depend on what was being charged I suppose. I would be willing to pay for it if: all roster updates during the season were free just as they already are, and if roster updates throughout the offseason were reasonable (say 600 MS points for 2 or 3 updates).

RIP J.J.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »