Home

Are you willing to PAY for Roster updates??

This is a discussion on Are you willing to PAY for Roster updates?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Are you willing to PAY for Roster updates??

I ask this because I have been wondering for awhile now how EA is going to get us(the gamers) to hold on to Madden 11 and beyond instead of trading them in.

If you are lost on that subject,a month or so ago someone posted a thread where Peter Moore had stated they were going to do some stuff to keep Madden in our house instead of trading them in to be sold as USED.

NOW back on topic. I have been wanting badly to play a Franchise.I got that NFL itch since the draft.BUT I just cant do it.SInce these college players have been drafted the ol Madden 10 game just doesnt have that authenticity feel since the NEW rookies arent in the game....Then it hit me.

Would you pay for Updated Rosters if they had the new Rookies in the update along with their pictures?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Are you willing to PAY for Roster updates??

I wouldn't. I think I could wait the couple months until the New Madden came out.

II'm gonna start seeing the upgrades on the new madden and I'm not even gonna wanna look at my old madden, let alone pay for some created players.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

No way. Period. The only way I'm "paying" for rosters is when they are included in the new installment of Madden. I understand that you want that authentic feel to the game, but paying for a roster update is quite ridiculous. I hope this thread doesn't give the EA marketing team the idea that we are actually willing to pay for updates. Sorry if I come off as rude towards you, but I think roster updates are something that shouldn't be sold, they should be offered free to the customers who paid for an authentic NFL game.

And I know what you are asking for here is a current update to Madden 10 so I guess all I can say is just wait it out like the rest of us.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

Really? You wouldnt pay a dollar or two to EA For a DLC that had all the draft picks in the game?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Not really worth it. I wheather put that extra money on madden 11 game instead. No way.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-27-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOW757
No way. Period. The only way I'm "paying" for rosters is when they are included in the new installment of Madden. I understand that you want that authentic feel to the game, but paying for a roster update is quite ridiculous. I hope this thread doesn't give the EA marketing team the idea that we are actually willing to pay for updates. Sorry if I come off as rude towards you, but I think roster updates are something that shouldn't be sold, they should be offered free to the customers who paid for an authentic NFL game.

And I know what you are asking for here is a current update to Madden 10 so I guess all I can say is just wait it out like the rest of us.
Umm excuse me but I never asked for any kind of update.If you can quote me on here go ahead.

Further more Have you ever got a roster update from EA that included the rookies from the Draft AFTER the season? ok then.

Roster updates stop after the Super Bowl.

When you bought Madden 10 it was for that season not the next.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Really? You wouldnt pay a dollar or two to EA For a DLC that had all the draft picks in the game?
You know as well as I do that if they charged for an update, it would not be 1 or 2 dollars. Infinity Ward just got away with charging 15 bucks for a mediocre map pack so I'm pretty sure EA would charge more than 2 dollars.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12

i'm against DLC in general. If it wasn't for the internet these companies would just throw the extra material in the retail portion of the game (just like the good ol' days). I have the throwback jersies for madden 10 but only because i got the free code from reebok. no way in hell i was going to pay for a polygon texture upgrade.

as a steward of my cash flow and a consumer who likes to speak with my wallet, i'm trying to do my part to keep buck the trend of giving me less for my $60. don't sell me 80% of a game and give me the other 20% in DLC expansion packs.

this is a bit of an over reaction but i just figured I would throw in my $0.02.

For the record if I don't buy madden 11 i wouldn't mind paying $5 bucks for updated rosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »