Home

If Madden 11 came out today, how -

This is a discussion on If Madden 11 came out today, how - within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: If Madden 11 came out today, how -

Quote:
Originally Posted by treee
I always use the Salary Cap. The Bengals roster is pretty nice as it is. Maybe pick up FS Sharper. After that pick up a pretty high QB in the draft the next year because Palmer is always hurt in my franchises, plus he has been in the NFL for a while now. Oh, and I will make sure I get Jordan Shipley extended up for 6 or 7 years for relatively cheap since he was a 3rd rounder. I would also look for another bell cow (Larry Johnson?) to back up Ced if for some reason he goes down.

What I meant was because the NFL is in an "uncapped year", is Madden going to have a cap? It would always be my choice to have it and have it on, but at the same time, if I can dump some aging veterans that really don't fit my "scheme" I would take full advantage!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
Very interesting read, though for the Cowboys I would use Roy Williams as trade bait definately!
Actually, that would be tempting and I thought about in M10 at the start, but his contract was so expensive that trading him was a huge hit in CAP penalties. So, I kept him and he actually developed into a big time threat in my offense. He "progressed" each year and he "became" a huge weapon for me because i used him in the slot a ton.

It was sort of neat - I heard some complaints on the forums about "busted franchises" because of cap issues and that "forced" me to keep him on the roster. I still drafted a couple WRs, looking to replace him, but the farther into the franchise I got the more valuable he got in my offense. Loved having him in the slot because he was a bit better at run blocking than my other WRs and that really opened some new things up in my play call selection!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #11
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Set my 80 man roster for training camp. Making sure I have all of my Rookie Free Agents on the team!

Go through the process of signing my draft choices before camp.

Play my starters for one series in the 1st Pre-Season game. Playing allot of the rooks and 1st yr players!

Second game! The vets play a quarter!

Third game, the vets play 2 quarters!

Cutdown to 70!

Fourth game! Sit my vets! Play the young guys!

Get my roster down to 53 players!

After 24 hrs. Sign 8 rooks or first year players to my practice squad!

Start game planning for my Season Opener!

Go over my roster on who will be A Free Agent at Years End. Who'll be a restricted Free agent!
Then re-sign the guys I want to never see free agency!

Gameday! Set my 45 man gameday roster & make my 3rd QB the 46th!

Then play my opener!

Go Cowboys!!!!!

Last edited by Step2001; 04-28-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #12
Banned

Boy you woke up on optimism street this morning!!!

I hope you get to do just that!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #13
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

First I'd check the sim stats to see if they were correct. If not I'd fire up the slider forum and find some team settings. Then I'd take control of all 32 teams, and go through the depth charts to make sure they have their best players playing. And this year I might switch the elite DE to the right side for more sack production. Then I'd put Elite TE's in the 4th or 5th receiver spot depending on the roster. Next I'd go put Reggie Bush in a Receiver spot like I do every year. Then check all KR spots to make sure they're right. Finally I'll hope and pray that there is an option to redo the draft this year, so the Texans can draft the kid out of Stanford, an dthe Cowboys can get a safety. If this is not what was asked, I'm sorry.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I won't be playing it all if franchise isn't given a pretty big upgrade.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:47 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'll start a franchise with the Jets and do....................
nothing at all SUPER BOWL 2011!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 7

I thought of a new idea. A parallel universe type Franchise. What if- Tebow was drafted by Jacksonville? Broncos selected Dez Bryant? Jake Delhomme wasn't released by the Panthers? Julius Peppers stayed in Carolina?

I wish we had the NFL Head Coach-style option to start in the off-season and do the draft!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »