Home

Are we doing more harm than good if we don't support "Sim" Madden

This is a discussion on Are we doing more harm than good if we don't support "Sim" Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #9
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Are we doing more harm than good if we don't support "Sim" Madden

That's why I picked up a subscription to Gamefly, it let's me play a game until I beat it without having to spend $60 on it and have it done in a month.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #10
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

I'll say this:

At 11:30 your time, where ever you are, your local gamestop will have a long line to buy a certain video game on a night in early-to-mid August, regardless of how sim the game got.
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 04-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 13

Someone in here mentioned the tourney guys resistance to the "sim" fixes. It is a good point, but really does anyone think the tourney guys are gonna stop buying the game because it got "too sim"???

I doubt it, they will just spend more time in the "lab" trying to find exploits, but they are gonna buy and play regardless because they are playing for braggin rights and in some cases money.

The real debate might be "play now" vs "franchise", but the play now peeps don't care what is in "chise mode, they only care about graphics and rankings, so I can see where "Gameflow" possibly hits both audiences with a positive - "chise" players get a more "sim" feel to how the plays are called and "online play now" players get to glitch their way to victory in half the time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Someone in here mentioned the tourney guys resistance to the "sim" fixes. It is a good point, but really does anyone think the tourney guys are gonna stop buying the game because it got "too sim"???

I doubt it, they will just spend more time in the "lab" trying to find exploits, but they are gonna buy and play regardless because they are playing for braggin rights and in some cases money.
THANK YOU!!! Why is this so hard to understand?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #13
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark28_316
I'll say this:

At 11:30 your time, where ever you are, your local gamestop will have a long line to buy a certain video game on a night in early-to-mid August, regardless of how sim the game got.
According to John Riccitiello, that line was a lot shorter last year than they wanted it to be.

I just think it's still hardcore vs casual and the casuals is where they can pick up more new gamers this year. The controls, gameflow and such are designed to make it a faster, easier experience for them. When they announce they have added individual bump and run and wr shading and more complicated adjustments hardcore gamers have been asking to have back for years, then I'll believe otherwise.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:09 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

for the record it is always a bad idea to purchase a product that does not meet your standards. your dollar is really the only voice you have.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #15
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastwork
for the record it is always a bad idea to purchase a product that does not meet your standards. your dollar is really the only voice you have.
Well said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
That's why I picked up a subscription to Gamefly, it let's me play a game until I beat it without having to spend $60 on it and have it done in a month.
Couldnt agree more, Madden is the number one reason I got gamefly. why spend $60 bucks on a game I will play for only a week, when I can rent it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »