Home

Are we doing more harm than good if we don't support "Sim" Madden

This is a discussion on Are we doing more harm than good if we don't support "Sim" Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Are we doing more harm than good if we don't support "Sim" Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastwork
for the record it is always a bad idea to purchase a product that does not meet your standards. your dollar is really the only voice you have.
Please say that again, beast work! Why would you spend your hard earned money on a product you don't like? The only way you send to EA message that you don't like it is by not buying it. Buying a game and reselling it to Gamestop is not the answer, because once you purchase it, EA has their money. You have to hit them in the wallet so they can listen to why you didn't like the game. Anyone that buys the game and blasts EA all day has no case. No one forced you to buy it. People should research before buying a game and stop flocking to the stores on Day 1 buying these games because "that's what all the other cool people are doing".

Otherwise, I've sworn off Madden this gen until they present me with a legit offline Franchise and better gameplay/physics. Not supporting Madden until it's done right is what I feel would help them and push them to try harder, not hurt them.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #18
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
I know we all want a sim madden, But is the consensus stance to not purchase the game because of flaws going to backfire?

I recall and was just reminded of a post by phil stating that gimmicks might return if sales flop...As we have it now there is a Creative Director who is trying to create sim football, this really isn't debatable...I'm sure NO ONE here believes; even with the things we are unhappy with that he doesn't WANT to give us perfect football...So people boycott the game...Sales flop...EA panics...says "Sim" football is a failure, Goes back to Sim/Arcade football...Exclusive license renewed*...If Ian wants to keep his job he makes football the way the boss says will make money...

I'm not advocating buying something you aren't happy with but if this is the direction we really want madden to go (sim) maybe we as the consumer should also hound Ian on how to help the "casual" gamer as well as unite the hardcore...I'm just saying...
I hear what you are saying , but the bottom line is Madden should be sim period. The reason why EA is in the position they are in is because they have been putting out a bad product for the last 5 years.

They decided to go with a whole new coding once they went next gen ,and it has not helped at all. Madden on last gen was heading in the direction of becoming more sim, but once they went into the next gen era. They decided that graphics were going to sell, and gameplay was not as important. Now they had to recode again to get animations right and improve the most important aspect of the game" gameplay".

Madden 11 seems to be the game that is finally going in the right direction, and 12 should build off of it. Now I'm still going to be reserved with my opinion on Madden 11 till I finally play it, but this is the 1st Madden in the next gen era that has finally caught my attention.

The animations have improved. They just need to get the animation better when he is running straight up. They really need to look at how the least gen animation looked , and try to duplicate it. Once they nail that its heaven for us animation whores.

I also love that for once I have finally heard EA stress Gameplay is the main priority , and no longer the gimmicks.

If they went with this mind set from day 1 of the next gen era. Madden 11 would be look upon as a Video Football Game made from GOD
Old 04-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #19
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

i think everyone is missing the point here...I can't get into the whole "we sim players are the minority" because that's exactly my point...We already lost that battle, So is there anything we CAN do to make that more beneficial to the hardcore.

We know they're working on franchise, but they're also working on "new marketing material"...I see alot of people go ape crazy about how franchise has been neglected, animations, rendering, etc but I sense we're getting to the point where it's us (franchise) vs them (play now) which we all have stated "they" out number us...

I think it's important to note Ian came HERE to improve the game, well until we ruined that, But the marketing is THERE...I just think our cause goes alot further if we become the mediator since the creative director obviously cares what we (hardcore) want.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 12

There is absolutely no reason they can't appeal to both sets of gamers IMO.

Also, I think people are way off base with the Hard core VS casual gamer debate.

I think MOST casual players enjoy a Franchise Mode that has things done right (accurate stats, good CPU logic in trades, FA, depth charts, etc., good offseason, good draft, RFA, etc.).

When it comes to gameplay there is no debate. EA can make BOTH. Isn't that why they have difficulty levels, sliders, etc.?

Maybe EA can make the slider look easier for those who are mentally challenged: Easy Pass, Medium Passing, Hard Passing; repeat that for running and defense

It IS that simple.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 12

i like a good shawarma from time to time. The only problem is that in my town there's only one place to get shawarmas. this particular establishment has chosen to make their shawarmas with chicken meat instead of lamb. I like lamb in my shawarmas therefore they will not get any of my money.

since madden is the only show in town the best thing you can do is find a alternate method of satisfying your gaming habit. I have substituted my shawarmas for gyros and its worked out pretty well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #22
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
i think everyone is missing the point here...I can't get into the whole "we sim players are the minority" because that's exactly my point...We already lost that battle, So is there anything we CAN do to make that more beneficial to the hardcore.

We know they're working on franchise, but they're also working on "new marketing material"...I see alot of people go ape crazy about how franchise has been neglected, animations, rendering, etc but I sense we're getting to the point where it's us (franchise) vs them (play now) which we all have stated "they" out number us...

I think it's important to note Ian came HERE to improve the game, well until we ruined that, But the marketing is THERE...I just think our cause goes alot further if we become the mediator since the creative director obviously cares what we (hardcore) want.

good post... constructive criticism while showing appreciation for the improvements that have been (are being) made, will help the team get as close as it can to a full well rounded product that can be enjoyed by all. It sure appears to me that they are trying to keep it accessible while still affording the details that sim players require. It seems to me that some are spoiled brats and want the game EXACTLY made for them.

Running Ian off with all of the hate the past year was a disgusting display. Inefficient, ignorant, immature and rude.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #23
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Whooa..now those sliders are another thing. Yea it adds customization but I was looking at the Versuz2 sliders and the kinda tweaking you'd have to go through to get those results are mind numbing, I like starting my franchise within the 1st week, but it took him almost 4-5 months to get the sliders he had, by then hype train M12 will be starting...
Old 04-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #24
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastwork
i honestly believe that any decrease in sales that madden has seen has more to do with the current economy than anything else.
Sales for Madden have decreased EVERY single year since the exclusive license.

So no, you're wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »