Home

Madden NFL 11 Blog: Game Flow & Game Planning

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Blog: Game Flow & Game Planning within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 11 Blog: Game Flow & Game Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
Not to be a Negative Nancy but:

A) I highly doubt John Madden brought this to the forefront...they were looking for ways to speed up the game.

B) Unfortunately I think it'll get stale. I mean you're going to hear the same thing several times a game...multiply that by how many times you play an entire game and it's going to get old quickly unless they were creative.
A) It's the third or fourth time I've seen in previews/interviews/blogs what have you, state that Madden did say that there are too many plays in the playbook. He said no coach carries 350 plays in a binder. I don't see any reason to doubt that part of it.

B) If it get's stale, go back to the old way of calling plays.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #58
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
After reading that blog, I'm completely sold on this idea now. The fact that EVERYTHING is an option will please alot of people, not to mention the fact that you can also customize the CPU gameplans too?

And people DONT like this? Seriously?! I think it's brilliant.
I hope it isn't necessary, but for offline only franchise players, the ability to customizing the CPU game plans is a great addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
That's a legitimate request. It should definitely be an option.

If someone really just wants absolutely nothing to do with gameflow, dont further agitate them by forcing them to look at it every single play. And on the flip side, if someone no longer wants to see the playbook, let them also choose to only use gameflow.
I'm guessing that they won't let people only use Game Flow. I would imaging that even the most ardent supporter of Game Flow will want to have the option of seeing the playbook. Say one or more of your key players gets injured and is out for the game. That would cause many players to totally abandon their previous game plan and if playbook was off, then they would be stuck running the plays that were set up for their starters/star players.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #59
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

my favorite part was 15 plays per situation
Old 04-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I hope it isn't necessary, but for offline only franchise players, the ability to customizing the CPU game plans is a great addition.
Alot of us hardcore offline franchise junkies last year before most of us quit were spending hours upon hours trying to tweak CPU team philosophies from controlling all 32 teams to try to achieve what we perceived as what those CPU teams would do. What the CPU teams would gameplan for, etc?

Now we can do it much easier and more intuitive as well.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #61
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I think what Val was talking about is can you turn it off from the game menu INGAME. For example, if your starting QB gets hurt in the 1st qtr, you obviously can't use your gameplan/gameflow anymore unless you have a capable backup which most teams don't have. In that case you would want to turn off the gameflow/gameplan and call your own plays. If you can't turn it off in the menu then every play from then on you're going to have to press x or whatever to call your own plays. On the other hand, if you can turn it off in the menu then you can turn it off and call your plays the rest of the game. I think that's what he was talking about. correct me if I'm wrong val.
Yeah. I want to turn it off via a menu, not have to hit a button every time. Hitting the button should only be used to override the coaches play call, not to disable GameFlow. i.e. It's part of GameFlow, not a setting to enable/disable GameFlow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #62
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I really like the sound of this, especially as it relates to cpu playcalling. Here's hoping we will see something similar in NCAA as well.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #63
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Nice blog EA. Good read. Nothing new but a good read altogether.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:33 PM   #64
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Yeah. I want to turn it off via a menu, not have to hit a button every time. Hitting the button should only be used to override the coaches play call, not to disable GameFlow. i.e. It's part of GameFlow, not a setting to enable/disable GameFlow.
Yeah, and it seems like you will be.

What spliff was talking about was turning it off from a menu in game which I don't know if whether or not you can do but it has basically been said that you can turn it off before getting into a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »