Home

Will the "nano Blitz" be in madden 11?

This is a discussion on Will the "nano Blitz" be in madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Will the "nano Blitz" be in madden 11?

oh you can definitely see that they "man up." I have yet to see on defensive play in madden 10 where a DL guy attempts to shoot a gap. if you look at the on field play art you can see that EA has the DL releasing on all sorts of weird angles. it's all designed to help the OL pick them up. another band aid solution in madden that has eroded any realism in the OL/DL interactions. this was a very sneaky move if you ask me. Gamers' are complaining about nano blitzes, ok let's cripple the D-line instead of fixing the oline logic.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #50
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37

Nano-ing was a termed that was keyed "back in the day" for blitzes that would literally rush 3 or fewer defenders. THe offensive line could do NOTHING to protect against it.

For the last Nano blitz look back to Madden 08 on next gen. All you had to do was blitz a guy at a guard and center...then place a defender blitzing through that gap and the defender would shoot through unevaded to the QB.

Try that same strategy now...it wont work becuase of slide protection (as well as better recoving by offensive linement).

Most GOOD blitzes in this years game are the result of 5-6 rushers. NO bliz with 5-6 rushers should EVER be considered a NANO blitz.

There are lots of blitzes this year that bring good pressure with rushing 4 defenders but with slide protection you can address those concerns.

Unfortunetly, like most, EA doesnt even know the difference between a NANO blitz and a OVERLOAD blitz. This is why you see the NANO blitz acheivement in the game.

There is no NANO blitz in this years game.

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Old 04-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #51
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
Nano-ing was a termed that was keyed "back in the day" for blitzes that would literally rush 3 or fewer defenders. THe offensive line could do NOTHING to protect against it.

For the last Nano blitz look back to Madden 08 on next gen. All you had to do was blitz a guy at a guard and center...then place a defender blitzing through that gap and the defender would shoot through unevaded to the QB.

Try that same strategy now...it wont work becuase of slide protection (as well as better recoving by offensive linement).

Most GOOD blitzes in this years game are the result of 5-6 rushers. NO bliz with 5-6 rushers should EVER be considered a NANO blitz.

There are lots of blitzes this year that bring good pressure with rushing 4 defenders but with slide protection you can address those concerns.

Unfortunetly, like most, EA doesnt even know the difference between a NANO blitz and a OVERLOAD blitz. This is why you see the NANO blitz acheivement in the game.

I doubt that 5 pages have been wasted on something that doesn't exist. If you read the thread, you will notice we are talking about blitzes that can be done out of the 1-5-5 or 2-4-5 formation rushing 3 only and having the rest sitting back, or having a 4 man rush and just sitting back. Nanos are in this years game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 11:05 AM   #52
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
I doubt that 5 pages have been wasted on something that doesn't exist. If you read the thread, you will notice we are talking about blitzes that can be don't out of the 1-5-5 or 2-4-5 formation rushing 3 only and having the rest sitting back, or having a 4 man rush and just sitting back. Nanos are in this years game.
They are not consistent. Nano was coined back in the day when it worked everytime and no matter what you did you coudlnt stop it.

Slide protection does a great job at stopping this. Cover 2 Sink and its 3/4 man rush with a down slide protection and one blue route in the backfield will pick it up EVERYTIME

Slide protection picks it up just fine.

I have no problem with someone coining these blitzes as OVERLOADS...becuase thats what they are. However think about what you would be saying then if your calling it an overload...

you see it every sunday. THERE ARE NO NANO's in Madden 2010 OR 2009. EA has done a great job at ridding the game free. Overloads exists, as they should.

www.MaddenTips.com

Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
I doubt that 5 pages have been wasted on something that doesn't exist. If you read the thread, you will notice we are talking about blitzes that can be done out of the 1-5-5 or 2-4-5 formation rushing 3 only and having the rest sitting back, or having a 4 man rush and just sitting back. Nanos are in this years game.
Well it depends on definition. Sgibs is talking about the old school term of a 3 man rush that gets there in a nano-second. There's still 4 man rushes that get in free, but they are hard to set up.

I still feel handcuffed in Madden when I see an obvious inside overload blitz and I can't make adjustments to stop it (such as pinch line and keep guys in to block). I'd like pinch to be a bit more extreme and really close down the middle, personally.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 04-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7

Sgibs is correct with respect to the definition and terminology on this. This is what I said back in November that there really are no real nanos this year. However, with that being the case you can still break the OL targets and the OL PASS blocking in general is hosed. To me if they can't make wholesale changes they at least need to really work on the HB stepping up and picking up blocks and they really need to work on the TE blocking when he stays in to block. Slide protect can be really good if they work on these two items.

On the other side there is the other problem. Defenders literally target offensive linemen rather than running through free lanes IF they are present. The trenches are a problem and of course they are the most difficult to code. I think we'll see some changes in there this year. It may not be all we want yet, but we should see some.

Last edited by LBzrule; 04-30-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #55
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

Creatine,

I agree with that. Heres a simple resolution for your time...

Shotgun Split Slot
Balanced Playbook
WR Post Corners

Setup...

Pinch down your offensive line
Block the left HB
Smart route each WR
Motion the slot wr, snap
Look to all your reads and look to the HB releaseing on the blue route

This should solve any headaches your running into!

www.MaddenTips.com

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 2

Here's one way people don't look at it.

How many people of the 6 Million use nano-blitzes? Like what percentage?

How many use nano blitzes?

So if they took out nano blitzes.......how many people would be pissed off?

Online gaming is littered with douchebag 10 year olds, there's no denying this. If they can't piss people off and do cheesy things, will they still want to play Madden?

I almost wonder if things are done this way to keep certain chunks of the fan base happy.

Sim gamers can always make rules to get around these things, but if 10 year old Billy can't cheese your azz.........will he still play the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »