Home

Can i get your opinion on this?

This is a discussion on Can i get your opinion on this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #9
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Can i get your opinion on this?

Madden 10 is too slow, especially online, for nanos to be effective. If you can't beat them, there's a problem on your end, not your opponent. Look for plays that fill the space behind the linebackers and dump it after 3 steps. He'll stop blitzing pretty damn quick if he expects to remain competitive.

As for moving receivers around... sounds like you got it figured out, even if it's a bit of a pain. Defensive assignments are important. The whole argument that 'that's not sim' is bull... football is about match ups, and different coaches have different philosophies when it comes to where they put their #1. Some like the #1 at flanker so they can use them in combo routes with the TE, some like them at split end to put him in one on one situations, and some like 'em in the slot in order to create matchup problems in the middle of the field. If you're ending up with linebackers on WRs, you need to make the adjustment, not him.

As for the lag message, I feel you. Some people are just sore losers.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #10
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't know. I've seen some lightning quick nanos in this game. This one is set up before the qb even gets to the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Lsmh9DJ5g&feature=fvsr
Old 04-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #11
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I don't know. I've seen some lightning quick nanos in this game. This one is set up before the qb even gets to the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Lsmh9DJ5g&feature=fvsr
Good example of a Nano, but it's only being shown with the QB under center. That one is simple to beat by audibling to shotgun, and sliding the protection of the line to the left. You could also motion a player and hike the ball as the player in motion crosses in front of the LB.

It can also be beat with play action and sliding the protection of the line to the left.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Good example of a Nano, but it's only being shown with the QB under center. That one is simple to beat by audibling to shotgun, and sliding the protection of the line to the left. You could also motion a player and hike the ball as the player in motion crosses in front of the LB.

It can also be beat with play action and sliding the protection of the line to the left.
WOW!! yea that was a quick one. see thats boo-boo. so becuz some idiot is gonna do that every play(and u know someone with no shame will) i gotta play shotgun all day and cant have fun and play a real gm of football and switch it up and mix in running. the qb would never be able to handoff with that one. and the funny thing is someone will see that and defend it and say...it can be countered and its not cheese. yea counter it every once in awhile ok, playing this for an hour = no real gm and waste of an hour.

Fun fun fun for everyone! no wonder 350k people log in once and never again...haha!!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:20 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just so you guys know it wasn't me who played but a mate. The guy he versed i wouldn't really call him a friend of mine or his.

I just wanted to see what you guys thought on the guy he was versing play.

He talked it up so much saying how great his strategy was like it was a real life game plan. We believe that its attacking a weakness in the game coding than than attacking a teams or players weakness.

I know its a little confusing since its me posting for a friend since he doesn't have an account. Thanks for all your opinions.

To the guy who said this shouldn't be posted and is in the wrong place where the heck should it go?
Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 21

if those were all true nano-blitzes, then yes he's a big-time cheeser

the other tactics are more frustrating than cheating though. It's annoying to have to plan out a counter to all these busch-league maneuvers, but there are ways to stop all this.

Check out the sim users thread here for folks that don't play like that for a more enjoyable experience.

If I were you, I'd tell my friend that if he wants to attempt to exploit the weaknesses in my teams AI instead of out thinking me at football, so be it. However, I'm going to be playing people that actually like NFL football from now on.

BTW, lag can definitely affect one user significantly more than the other.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »