Home

Two Additions That Would Make GameFlow A Slam Dunk Feature

This is a discussion on Two Additions That Would Make GameFlow A Slam Dunk Feature within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Two Additions That Would Make GameFlow A Slam Dunk Feature

GameFlow, in my eyes, is a solid step in the right direction for the Madden franchise. Gameplanning is an essential part of football and it's so refreshing to finally see a team that understands this and implemented it into Madden. Hopefully, they worked just as hard on Franchise as they did on this feature, and I'm really excited to see what it can add to the game. Here's two more ideas for additions into Madden 11:

1. A play creator similar to Head Coach '09's: A fully featured play creation tool that gives you more control over offense AND defense if executed correctly, lets you set up QB reads, drops, etc., and allows you to really customize defensive game calls will do WONDERS for Madden. The potential new features that the team can build on based on this feature alone are worth implementing into the game.

2. DOWNLOADABLE Gameplans: Maybe it's too late in the cycle to add something like this(Unless the dev team has other plans), but if they can add a system that will allow you to download gameplans others create, it would simply add another dimension to customizing a franchise(online OR offline, of course), as if you wanted to play that week 1 matchup the same way your team did, or change the gameplan of that week 17 game that kept your team out of the playoffs, you have the ability to do so.

In my eyes, you need the play creator to truly make downloadable gameplans work, because the only way to create an authentic gameplan would be to create most of the plays from scratch, as new plays are shown in the NFL every season.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Two Additions That Would Make GameFlow A Slam Dunk Feature

the more customization, the better...play creator would be a great feature....i could careless about downloading game plans, i rather just create my own.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

here is a better idea adaptive playbook that changes if you have injuries or if you are playing in bad weather.

examples the colts lose peyton manning for 2 weeks the cpu ai logic changes the play book to accomidate the star player loss and runs the ball more.

if they are trying to get real then get real would your team throw the ball a million times if you lost peyton maning or a brett favre same applies to run heavy teams.

you should have game plans for injuries as well as weather conditions your not going to throw the ball if it is windy or raining or snow you may throw but the pass plays you pick will be short routes
Old 04-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

I want to be able to set up my game plan, depth chart and formation subs on my PC/Laptop then have it down load to my console when I'm ready to play.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I want to be able to set up my game plan, depth chart and formation subs on my PC/Laptop then have it down load to my console when I'm ready to play.

It's funny you mention this, because I was just thinking about how if they created a decent enough GUI, this would be a PERFECT PC game addition. I'm wondering if Peter Moore will ever deliver on bringing back Madden PC.

I'm just wondering how the common consumer is gonna react to all of this, and yeah, downloadable gameplans might be a little too much, but if MLB games can change lineups live with the season, there's no reason gameplans can't change either. I can see them doing this with at least depth charts at some point, since I know they use Ourlads for that. The combination together would be excellent. Then in Franchise, just have it adapt to injuries, stats, ratings, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

Some form of custom playbooks is way overdue!!!

It seems like a natural progression, from my view, with this GameFlow deal. The 3-4 playbooks are all pretty much exactly the same and in the NFL that is not the case. The variations may be subtle to the average NFL fan, but people who really pay attention can tell real quick that the Chargers run a very different scheme within the 3-4 than the Patriots do. The Madden playbooks are stale and rather than EA spending time fixing them - just let us do it already!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i've never played hc but my understanding was that you can change routes on current playbooks and add them to your playbook thus increasing your playbook, that I would lovvvvee to see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »